baumer

Tuesday Numbers (THG 10.2)

Are you saying that Wednesday will possibly increase for THG?That is about as impossible as an elephant being tied with his tail to a dandelion while hanging over a cliff.

:lol: :lol:I agree

Nothing shocking here. Moving along nicely. People saying it's chances at $400m are "rapidly decreasing" are more than likely in for a nice little shock this weekend. It's March its weekdays in no way reflect what it can pull in on the weekend. A 100%+ increase on Friday isn't even unlikely.

Somebody will get the shock, all right.

You're getting too carried away with discount Tuesdays. It's not like they became popular only in 2012, we've been factoring that in for years now.Take a look at AIW http://boxofficemojo...onderland10.htmYou can see it benefited from Tuesdays as well with the exception of holidays falling on Monday.

For the hundredth time man, discount Tuesdays were there in 2010, but not as prevalent. Alice was getting around 5% Tuesday jumps after the first couple of weeks, while movies nowadays jump 15-20%.Just bother to read the whole post you quoted from, I just gave you probably the best example you are ever gonna get. I am not getting carried away, you are just ignoring a fact that is staring right in your face.Enough, Kirk out.

Lol, I can't wait to see what you say when this has a sub 60% drop this weekend. Or will you be one of those who quietly disappears in their wrongful shame?

Well I am predicting 61% drop so why will I quietly disappear in wrongful shame even if it drops in 58-59% range?On the other hand, I can't wait to see what you say when it fails to match even Alice's 2nd weekend.

Okay guys. We can dispute and argue about how The Hunger Games fell on Tuesday and how it will definitely fall on Wednesday. But Tuesday it fell -4%. Yeah 4%. That is excellent. Also we can argue if it will or will not reach 350M or 400M but really guys. Who thought a week or two ago this would be at $173.7M in five days and for sure finish somewhere over 325M. Whatever it makes from here on is fantastic since it is a first film in a series. I am amazed at this film's run.

John Carter: $512,303 (+21%)

And thus John Carter begins it's triumphant march to the 10x+ multiplier it will need to be profitable... Or completely fades into oblivion in less than 3 weeks. Either way it's an impressive run.
  • Like 2

People arguing over the small things, lol.The film has already exceeded expectations. Will it reach 400m? Who knows? As far as I'm concerned it's already done it's duty for a first film in a trilogy. It's all gravy from here on out. That's the big picture. Now of course this is a box office forum so there is definitely some pissing contests going on here.This upcoming weekend will be interesting for sure.

• Like 1

People arguing over the small things, lol.The film has already exceeded expectations. Will it reach 400m? Who knows? As far as I'm concerned it's already done it's duty for a first film in a trilogy. It's all gravy from here on out. That's the big picture. Now of course this is a box office forum so there is definitely some pissing contests going on here.This upcoming weekend will be interesting for sure.

Amen! You said it
  • Like 1

And thus John Carter begins it's triumphant march to the 10x+ multiplier it will need to be profitable... Or completely fades into oblivion in less than 3 weeks. Either way it's an impressive run.

How do you suppose it will hold up in the face of Wrath this weekend?

For the hundredth time man, discount Tuesdays were there in 2010, but not as prevalent. Alice was getting around 5% Tuesday jumps after the first couple of weeks, while movies nowadays jump 15-20%.Just bother to read the whole post you quoted from, I just gave you probably the best example you are ever gonna get. I am not getting carried away, you are just ignoring a fact that is staring right in your face.Enough, Kirk out.

I purposely left that last part of your post out because it's not a valid comparison. New Moon and Breaking Dawn both opened the week before Thanksgiving. The Tuesdays prior to Thanksgiving (Thursday) is inflated because a lot of people in the US take vacation that week and schools are out. The holiday explains the jump on Tuesday you were comparing between the two movies.Also, show me anywhere where it says Tuesday discounts are bigger now than ever? And that 15-20% jump you said above does not apply to movies that gross more than 10M the previous day without the help of a Holiday. Edited by Jim Shorts

How do you suppose it will hold up in the face of Wrath this weekend?

Unfortunately, that should steal away just about any remaining audience that might give it a try. I'd imagine we're looking at another 55-60%+ drop.

Ticket sale wise, this film is likely to pass the final instalment of a hugely popular franchise that sold 20 times the number of books and people are complaining about a 6% drop during a march weekday?? There seems to be no way of pleasing you lot.

• Like 5