stealthyfrog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | April 8, 2022 | Paramount | IDRIS ELBA IS KNUCKLES LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy confirmed on Thursday that they have commenced development on a sequel to the family comedy. The sequel would reteam the filmmakers, with Jeff Fowler directing, and Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script.

The movie is still in the development stage so decisions have not been made yet regarding casting or a production start date.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-sequel-1234619356/

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I hope Paramount touches base with the fanmusic community.  There are some great remixes that would be very cool.

Hearing Hyper Potions in the opening was awesome. Hope they lean more into using tunes from the games

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm guessing this will release Feb 2023 or something unless Marvel places a movie there first.

Scratch that. Marvel already has a date booked for Feb 2023. Don't really see another date where I see this movie making more than the first.

I’m thinking Christmas 2022 is when it comes out because if they keep the budget as low as the first and it’s able to leg out like Bumbleebee but with China eventually back in the game to contribute to it’s global grossings, it would help. Plus, like you said, @lorddemaxus, it should come out in 2022 because you said if they wait three years for a sequel, if it releases anytime later than that than that, they'll just get a Angry Birds 2 at the box office, even though that movie barley broke even at the box office and got a higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than the first movie despite the unexpected 50% financial drop at the box office between both Angry Birds movies.

Plus, Christmas 2022 would fit for Sonic 2, because it would fit with what was hinted at in the first post credits scene when Doctor Robotnik said “I’ll be home by Christmas.”

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Scratch that. Marvel already has a date booked for Feb 2023. Don't really see another date where I see this movie making more than the first.

This is destined to drop hard regardless of its release date. Most of the hype was the redesign controversy that won’t exist for this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

I’m thinking Christmas 2022 is when it comes out because if they keep the budget as low as the first and it’s able to leg out like Bumbleebee but with China eventually back in the game to contribute to it’s global grossings, it would help. Plus, like you said, @lorddemaxus, it should come out in 2022 because you said if they wait three years for a sequel, if it releases anytime later than that than that, they'll just get a Angry Birds 2 at the box office, even though that movie barley broke even at the box office and got a higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than the first movie despite the unexpected 50% financial drop at the box office between both Angry Birds movies.

Plus, Christmas 2022 would fit for Sonic 2, because it would fit with what was hinted at in the first post credits scene when Doctor Robotnik said “I’ll be home by Christmas.”

It's gonna get crushed overseas though with Aquaman 2 releasing there. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

This is destined to drop hard regardless of its release date. Most of the hype was the redesign controversy that won’t exist for this.

I could see it do just as well with another empty Feb release date with China and Japan included and better late legs than the first film. But with another date, I'm thinking Lego Movie 2 or Angry Birds 2 numbers.

It’ll be interesting to see how this one fares. I was previously inclined to think that it might end up like that 2016 TMNT movie, where it does much worse than its predecessor, but considering how many people surprisingly didn’t mind the first one, maybe that won’t be the case?