Eric Duncan

The Book of Boba Fett | December 29, 2021 | Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen star

Been a decent amount of coverage from BOBF in the Empire Magazine rollout, but most of it wasn't of quite enough interest to put in this thread (mostly promo shots and BtS discussions).

This might be of a slight interest, however:

(other directors listed are Richard Rodriguez [multiple], Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard and Steph Green, [c/o SW Leaks])

• Like 1

Got to admit, that Fennec Shand emoji is pretty adorable.

Since you have to go to Twitter to see it, I think, here it is, though larger than it would appear on Twitter:  DisneyPlus_BobaFett_Fennec_S1_2021_V2.pn   . 

Edited by Porthos

13 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Is there a significant lack of buzz surrounding this series or am I just out of touch?  I’m looking forward to it because it’s Star Wars but I feel like there is little buzz around it. 

A certain movie is literally sucking out all the buzz as far as it can see.  

Aside from that, there's been plenty of promotion both on TV and in (web) print as well as plenty of mini trailers.   It's just that, virally, NWH is the 800 pound gorilla right now.  Then there's Matrix Resurrections sucking up what little other hype is there.

But, mostly, it's NWH just beasting.

• Like 2

To add to my last post, IMO, this was always gonna be lower key compared to, say, Mando.  Just the nature of the beast that this would have far less buzz than The Baby Yoda and Mando Power (Half) Hour.

Even so, NWH ain't helping matters.  

(neither is LFL's insistence on playing coy about things to look forward to/build hype within BOBF — but no one wants to keep hearing me gripe about LFL's Marketing, so I'll save it for next time ;))

If the Book of Boba Fett teaser trailers released so far seem a bit less than epic, it’s due to a deliberate act of restraint: The producers have only revealed footage from the seven-episode season’s opening minutes. “We can’t use the second half of the first episode because it gives so much away,” Rodriguez says.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, Porthos said:

(neither is LFL's insistence on playing coy about things to look forward to/build hype within BOBF — but no one wants to keep hearing me gripe about LFL's Marketing, so I'll save it for next time ;))

:hahaha:

• Sad 1

*****WARNING*****

The spoiler dam on this show might have been breeched.  Over at SW Leaks there is a major discussion going concerning alleged 4chan leaks and I saw the half of the first sentence before MAJORLY ***NOPE***-ING OUT and not looking back.

No idea how credible it is, even for 4chan, but be wary as I'm sure it's gonna start making its way through the net between now and Dec 29th.

*****WARNING*****

(and, no, I'd appreciate it if there weren't any sort of commentary here about how reliable it may or may not be — this is simply a WARNING post to be careful out there)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1