cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

1 hour ago, FunkMiller said:

Why… it’s almost as if the vast majority of DC fans still support DC, but not anything to do with the DCEU (which this movie very obviously was part of).

Did Blue Beetle even have any connection to the DCEU? I didn't watch it yet, but there's no indication of that in the marketing. But it has been reported everywhere that James Gunn announced this as the first movie of his DCU, and that he intends to bring Xolo Maridueña back in the role. If there's this huge community of DC fans waiting for the reboot, I think it's weird that they weren't interested at all in Blue Beetle, considering he's planned to be part of the new DCU.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Did Blue Beetle even have any connection to the DCEU? I didn't watch it yet, but there's no indication of that in the marketing. But it has been reported everywhere that James Gunn announced this as the first movie of his DCU, and that he intends to bring Xolo Maridueña back in the role. If there's this huge community of DC fans waiting for the reboot, I think it's weird that they weren't interested at all in Blue Beetle, considering he's planned to be part of the new DCU.

He said Blue Beetle is the first DCU character, but Superman Legacy is the first DCU movie.

And honestly, I don’t think Gunn has a gigantic reach. I don’t think most people who don’t follow DC stuff or movies in general very closely know about Blue Beetle’s DCU status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I wrote Gunn's statement off as marketing for Blue Beetle. Never took it serously.

If that’s the case then the DCU is dead for me and I’ll be joining the Snyder fans in boycotting DC. Don’t open your mouth and promise fans things if you’re not going to go through with it…

43 minutes ago, El Gato said:

If that’s the case then the DCU is dead for me and I’ll be joining the Snyder fans in boycotting DC. Don’t open your mouth and promise fans things if you’re not going to go through with it…

He's keeping Xolo around as Blue Beetle. Don't listen to anyone that says different. Gunn has never lied about his own projects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

He's keeping Xolo around as Blue Beetle. Don't listen to anyone that says different. Gunn has never lied about his own projects.

He said Ben affleck was wanting to direct a film for him and then Ben flat out said publicly he wasn't interested.

Either Gal or Gunn is lying about the wonder woman stuff.

Gunn said actors would not play multiple characters, but hired fillion for green lantern after already playing a character in TSS.

I can keep going.

Edited by Dominic Draper
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Affleck met with Gunn, Gunn is open to him directing, Ben is not. He never lied, lmao.

Gunn has said nothing regarding Gal.

TSS is not on the DCU, so hiring Fillion is nothing against his statement.

Keep going, come on.

Gunn specifically claimed that Affleck wanted to be involved in the DCU. He said as recently as January 31st that Affleck “really wants to be part of our architecture team.” 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Gunn specifically claimed that Affleck wanted to be involved in the DCU. He said as recently as January 31st that Affleck “really wants to be part of our architecture team.” 

Nothing Affleck has said has refuted that. And even if he had, that doesn't refute anything Gunn has said. 

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Nothing Affleck has said has refuted that. And even if he had, that doesn't refute anything Gunn has said. 

Well, Affleck did say that he would “absolutely not” direct for James Gunn’s DCU, and he also stated late last year that he would only direct movies from his production company from now on. Plus, Gunn has been radio silent about Affleck directing for the DCU since that interview. A bunch of people on Twitter accused him of lying, and he didn’t say a word in response, which is very unlike him. 

To be perfectly blunt, it doesn’t seem like Affleck was ever interested. That leaves two possibilities; either Gunn misinterpreted the situation, or he wasn’t being honest. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChipDerby said:

Or they met in late 2022, Gunn laid out his plans and Ben seemed interested. Then in spring 2023 Ben decided against it.

I’m not sure what exactly would’ve caused Affleck to so vehemently change his mind in just a few months. He doesn’t imply that in his interview. The truth is that all we have to go off of that Affleck was ever interested is Gunn’s word. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not sure what exactly would’ve caused Affleck to so vehemently change his mind in just a few months. He doesn’t imply that in his interview. The truth is that all we have to go off of that Affleck was ever interested is Gunn’s word. 

Affleck never once says he didn't meet with Gunn, nor that he was not interested from the beginning. Their two statements do not refute each other. What are you not getting?

You do realize people can drastically change their mind right? It literally happens all the time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

As you said, people can drastically change their mind.

So, I wouldn't be surprised Blue Beetle's low box office makes Gunn change his mind about using the character in the future.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kon said:

As you said, people can drastically change their mind.

So, I wouldn't be surprised Blue Beetle's low box office makes Gunn change his mind about using the character in the future.

Nah, he's not stupid. Xolo is clearly a star as every single person who saw the film can tell you. 

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Affleck never once says he didn't meet with Gunn, nor that he was not interested from the beginning. Their two statements do not refute each other. What are you not getting?

You do realize people can drastically change their mind right? It literally happens all the time.

No one is saying Affleck didn’t meet with Gunn. We’re saying Gunn may have not been telling the truth when he said Affleck wanted to be involved in the DCU. Why is it such a stretch that Gunn might’ve lied? 

• Like 1