cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

So they at least have enough faith in the movie to spend the needed resources on these reshoots. But I still don't fully buy them being focused on the action scenes. Aren't these planned to span 2-3 months? That seems like an awfully long time to spend on just action scenes. I still feel they're going to be more extensive than they're letting on, and cover a decent chunk of the actual story as well. That new writer must have been brought on for a reason.

Yeah that McDonald's stuff is locked in. They have those happy meals scheduled for the full year, they can't change them. Similarly why a lot of the Sonic 1 merch had the original design and not the fixed one: they gotta get that shit OUT on schedule 

49 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So they at least have enough faith in the movie to spend the needed resources on these reshoots. But I still don't fully buy them being focused on the action scenes. Aren't these planned to span 2-3 months? That seems like an awfully long time to spend on just action scenes. I still feel they're going to be more extensive than they're letting on, and cover a decent chunk of the actual story as well. That new writer must have been brought on for a reason.

Every single report on the reshoots, including the literal city permissions with a description what's being filmed, what scenes have been cut, indicates it's mostly action scenes. Only action scenes? Probably not. But that's been very consistently reported as the big thing that needs fixing: test audiences didn't like the action enough.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 2:24 PM, SpiderByte said:

Every single report on the reshoots, including the literal city permissions with a description what's being filmed, what scenes have been cut, indicates it's mostly action scenes. Only action scenes? Probably not. But that's been very consistently reported as the big thing that needs fixing: test audiences didn't like the action enough.

Wouldn't non-action scene reshoots often just be greenscreened in? The idea the action is being retooled makes sense but I don't know what the default interpretation of that sort of data is. 

1 hour ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Wouldn't non-action scene reshoots often just be greenscreened in? The idea the action is being retooled makes sense but I don't know what the default interpretation of that sort of data is. 

No? They don't only use greenscreen for reshoots.

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

No? They don't only use greenscreen for reshoots.

Self-evidently, which is why that's not what I intended to convey. It's really mostly about the film permits idea. My thought was more that they are presumably more constrained by time and actor availability in reshoots so things will tend to be more centralized but some location shooting is unavoidable (and presumably second unit action mitigates scheduling questions). 

I'm really just thinking out loud and I haven't seen any of the stuff you're referencing. Whether this conceptual idea is interesting or misguided, I'm sure the specifics are more important.  

Photo of Espositos stunt double, minus the jacket, guns, and axe

I gotta say Esposito as some kind of mercenary is way more fun than just him being another kind of Gus archetype like him as Norman Osborn would be.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

All the endless talk here of months of reshoots, of the entire movie being scrapped and redone, people saying "why are they showing footage at Cinemacon since they're obviously cutting it all", and the actual amount of resboots is:

Three weeks. And it's mostly action scenes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/captain-america-brave-new-world-reshoots-1235912919/

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 3

“Despite reports of multiple reshoots on the movie, so far this is the only one. It does not appear to be as extensive as the reshoots that faced Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which lasted six weeks, nor the expensive and extensive reshoots endured by The Marvels.”

All the panic and unnecessary discourse about 6 month reshoots lmao. Scoopers are annoying and sick of people always believing them. This movie has already enough of an uphill battle from racists 

• Like 2

When you have to add a brand new character in reshoots, the movie must suck. Looks like Marvel is back to producing awful movies again with D&W hopefully being a good film and an exception to the recent rule.

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

When you have to add a brand new character in reshoots, the movie must suck. Looks like Marvel is back to producing awful movies again with D&W hopefully being a good film and an exception to the recent rule.

If you think adding in additional characters is a sign the movie is doomed I have bad news for you about what the Deadpool reshoots were likely for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 2:41 PM, PlatnumRoyce said:

Here's a completely meaningless little anecdote: the film is apparently shooting some reshoots in Hungary. 

So this new report is about 22 days of reshoots in Atlanta, and I can't imagine there's a conceptual reason why you'd have significant reshoots outside of it but

Yeah, this demolishes hyperbolic claims but unless I'm misreading the Hungarian Film office page (which is, you know, very possible - perhaps there's something new with VFX???), it's filming in Hungary so the total days of reshoots are going to be more than the 22 days scheduled in Atlanta.