chasmmi

It Returns... The Winter Game rises from the ashes Gasping for Air. Preseason Deadline: October 8th

9 hours ago, Let There Be Legion said:

I see the threads auto lock now and display what day and local time they will do so. That is awesome!   

In the era of MTC tracking I wonder if it would be worth bringing the deadline up a day — we’re going to have near-actuals for previews most weeks and it may homogenize the weekly responses a bit. This is my first time playing of course so I’m not sure how much this sort of thing has already been discussed or experimented with.

Oh, Yes I have got the time zones very late this week. 

From next week, the thread will lock at 4pm Korean time, so 5 hours earlier than this week. That will likely be the permanent lock time going forward.   

Okay, 

I have been dead since Friday (couldn't even manage predictions last week. So There will not be questions this week as it is already Wednesday and I cannot quite manage it yet. 

What I may try going forward for this game, is that I will set questions biweekly, but a few more of them and they will cover two weeks. 

Try something different as this is just a test run for summer in many ways.

sorry again all

@WrathOfHan  @Kalo  @grey ghost  @Inceptionzq  @SchumacherFTW  @No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap  @Avatar Legion  @JJ-8  @DAJK

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Okay, 

I have been dead since Friday (couldn't even manage predictions last week. So There will not be questions this week as it is already Wednesday and I cannot quite manage it yet. 

What I may try going forward for this game, is that I will set questions biweekly, but a few more of them and they will cover two weeks. 

sorry again all

@WrathOfHan  @Kalo  @grey ghost  @Inceptionzq  @SchumacherFTW  @No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap  @Avatar Legion  @JJ-8  @DAJK

Whatever works!

On 11/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, chasmmi said:

Okay, 

sorry again all

Like others have said, go at whatever pace you feel is sustainable. Personally I think biweekly is kind of fun since then some are forecasting 8 days ahead, which is a bit of a middle ground between the full season stuff and the 1 day ahead stuff.   

Also, since I figure folks getting pinged in this thread are especially inclined toward BO games, going to take this opportunity to plug the Fantasy Movie League, which I have been running on a weekly basis for a while now. If you haven’t played before the tl;dr is:

15 movies (or days, or combinations of movies) available to play

Each has a certain price

You pick up to 8 (including possible duplciates) with total cost less than 1000

your weekly score is the sum of the movies you played, + some bonuses for playing the one with the best price performance ratio and penalty for playing less than 8

There’s a calculator (linked on top row of sheet) to easily investigate the highest scoring lines given a gross for each of the options

locks at noon eastern time (listed on sheet)

The official version from noovie that you may have heard of before had a slick UI, but the player run version for covid times just works on sheets. Feel free to claim a column at the end of the sheet — winter season starts with Encanto, so there are two weeks at the end of fall here to dip your toe in if it sounds interesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10i22pDsM9Sh-tnXfVQ8LbRWuydgs6zlKJRJROw0EekU/edit

Edited by Eternal Legion

Oky so it is lredy Thursdy nd you my notice tht one of the buttons on my keybord is broken. 

Will post nother double week thred for the next two weeks fter this one in due time. But this week will be nother rest week.

pologies

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Man, get a load of these preseason NWH predictions :hahaha:

My entire game is moot at this point because I did all of my predictions off of the assumption that everything was going to move because we were going to have a month-long industry strike. C’est la vie. 

• Haha 1

I know this iteration did not go exactly as planned, but it shall be marked and a leaderboard revealed by the end of the weekend. 

(Possibly in a crazy way that does not use the letter 'A' as my desktop keyboard that I usually do reveals and such on is still broken and not replaced.