AMCTheater2000

The Garfield Movie | Sony | May 24, 2024

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Anecdotal, but I was subbing for a grade 8-10 Drama class last week. They were doing a film unit, but I wasn't left with a lesson plan by the teacher (and was told I'd be teaching the class 5 minutes before it started). So we watched as a class a bunch of trailers for Summer 2024 movies and discussed whether they looked good or bad (followed by a vote "how many of you are going to see this in theaters?") 

This movie got the biggest YES vote by far, across the board. The stoners, the theater kids, the quiet readers, the "jocks who don't wanna be there". All of them said they want to see this. Even higher than Despicable Me 4. 

Yeah feel confident in a Garfield breakout, especially if Dindal delivers on the quality.

• Like 1

Part of me does think this could end up being another Angry Birds at the box office (which wouldn't be terrible) but part of me also thinks this could play like an Illumination film. 

• Like 1