Pypa94

Poland Box Office | Avatar: The Way of Water is HUGE

So Miasto 44 had a tiny rise on it's second weekend. It had 193 457 admissions and total after the weekend is 635 294 admissions. If it drops in upcoming weeks won't be too big then it could go pass 1.5 million admissions. But competition for audience is coming with Sluzby Specjalne opening this Friday and Bogowie opening next Friday. Both movies should easily pass 100k admissions during their opening weekend.

• Like 1

Rise? You mean drop? It's -4%. From what I hear from a friend working at one cinema it's mostly groups. The avg. ticket price isn't stupid low yet but still it is the cheapest in the top10. 

Wonder how big will Słuzby get. I predict something around Sęp results

In admissions it went up.

Groups are disappointing at a certain big cinema in Warsaw city center. They expected bigger interest from schools.

EDIT: So around 110k admissions for Sluzby Specjalne? I think that's fair prediction. I'm having it at 90k-120k admissions. Depends on the weather.

Edited by chimpo

I forgot to post last weekend numbers yesterday :sweat:

1. Miasto 44                                    193 457 / 635 294
  2. Maya the Bee Movie                      50 369 / 56 340
  3. The Equalizer                              33 006 / 33 006
  4. The Maze Runner                          32 497 / 101 661
  5. Les vacances du Petit Nicolas         17 478 / 509 782
  6. Before I Go To Sleep                     14 357 / 101 745
  7. Sous les jupes des filles                  11 531 / 14 012
  8. If I Stay                                       11 153 / 82 406
  9. Lucy                                            8 396 / 553 193
  10. The Pirate Fairy                             6 400 / 445 988

Miasto 44 is doing fine but not as good as could have been expected.

Maya did well but looks like younger audience is not that interested in this old character. 15 years earlier this movie would probably do way better.

The Equalizer did very good for Denzel Washington movie.

The Maze Runner had a really good hold and if it manages to keep those holds then it should pass 200k admissions in the end.

Petit Nicolas is holding strong ( multiplier x6 is impressive ). With those holds it might reach 600k admissions.

Lucy is slowly finishing it's run but it might reach 600k admissions with late run in smaller towns. Suprising run with good legs ( x4 multiplier )

This weekend looks interesting. Another big local movie ( Sluzby Specjalne ) opens. Horror fans will get Annabelle and Liam Neeson fans will get Liam Neeson walking among tombstones. ;)

Edited by chimpo
  • Like 3

Equaizer did good for a Denzel movie? Wasn't he always the 25-35k viewers opening guy?

As for Maja - remember they were silly enough to open before most people got their cash. After buying books and everything people were a bit strapped. I expect long legs but we shall see. If Monolith can turn 30k opening into 320k for Nut Job, Maja can still go big.

btw. Bogowie will have previews this weekend. Wonder how many viewers it will get, though it probably won't be published.

Also Before I go to sleep is surprising. The movie is bad to mediocre and it will probably end up 130k+. I think good legs of most movies are a bit due to the fact that for 3 weeks we had close to no interesting releases compared to the regular 4movies/week.

Well that's one of the best openings for Denzel in recent years so I would say it's good :D

I might see Bogowie this weekend if I find some time.

Sluzby have suprisingly low number of showings. Vue didn't even push this movie in their own cinemas. That's weird.

Well that's one of the best openings for Denzel in recent years so I would say it's good :D

I might see Bogowie this weekend if I find some time.

Sluzby have suprisingly low number of showings. Vue didn't even push this movie in their own cinemas. That's weird.

Didn't Flight do the same?

As for Słuzby - they are comparable to miasto 44 with better times if lower number of screenings. That's still good for a nice opening.

Edited by norbar

I checked the reservations of Sluzby specjalne for tomorrow at my local cinema, and they look quite decent. But I'm not seeing a 100K opening at the moment. And the weather during the weekend might not help. It's going to be warm and sunny countrywide. But on the other hand, this is not a movie which can be easily affected by the weather.

I'm seeing "Gone Girl" in a preview on Sunday. Can't wait! :)

P.S. "Gone Girl" is making a splash right now in America. Pre-sales are apparently very strong (Gravity level - $55M!)

• Like 1

I checked the reservations of Sluzby specjalne for tomorrow at my local cinema, and they look quite decent. But I'm not seeing a 100K opening at the moment. And the weather during the weekend might not help. It's going to be warm and sunny countrywide. But on the other hand, this is not a movie which can be easily affected by the weather.

I'm seeing "Gone Girl" in a preview on Sunday. Can't wait! :)

P.S. "Gone Girl" is making a splash right now in America. Pre-sales are apparently very strong (Gravity level - $55M!)

The poster is horrible. It looks the same as Blue Ruin ffs. 

As for Słuzby yeah I might have overestimated though I count on angry nutjobs to go for it.

• Like 1

Miasto 44 had very strong week days once again. This week it made ~257k admissions during Mon-Thu. Total now stands at 892 000 admissions. Should pass milion admissions during the weekend.

Edited by chimpo