Eric Atreides

The Equalizer 3 | September 1, 2023 | Sony | Denzel, Fuqua to return | ITS GO TIME

https://collider.com/equalizer-3-denzel-washington-comments-antoine-fuqua-directing/

Director Antoine Fuqua's The Equalizer and The Equalizer 2 both belong in the rare but hallowed subgenre of "Denzel Washington beating the shit out of people," so needless to say we've eagerly kept our ears to the ground for any news of a third entry. The trail has been cold for a few years now, with The Equalizer 2 hitting theaters in 2018, until Collider's Steve Weintraub sat down with the Oscar-winner to discuss The Tragedy of Macbeth and learned, uh, The Equalizer 3 might be Washington's very next film.

Here's exactly what the actor told us about his post-Macbeth plans for 2022:

"They have written the third Equalizer, so I’m scheduled to do that. So I gotta get in shape and start beating people up again. I get to beat people up again. The tragedy of Macbeth and then going and beating some people up. Can’t get any better, right?"

Additionally, sources have told Collider that Fuqua is currently in talks to direct the third film. Negotiations are ongoing, but we don't expect there to be any hold-ups. This would most likely make The Equalizer 3 the filmmaker's feature follow-up to 2021's The Guilty starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

I liked the part where he stabbed a guy in the face with a gun.

It looks like the other Equalizers, a decent time at the movies but always focusing waaaay too much on the melodrama before the asskicking commences. Sucks this is gonna be the final one (not like these films have an overarching story lol), I was looking forward to Denzel doing his own Death Wish 5 eventually, in his mid 70s hobbling around still murdering people somehow.

Looks okay. The first was fun, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about Equalizer 2... extremely forgettable. I think there was some showdown outside in the rain at the end???

Anyways, I learned on Friday just how irrelevant people like Denzel are to the younger generation, which is very unfortunate. Last couple minutes of class I did a movie trivia kahoot with the kids since there are a couple of "movie buffs" in the class, and one girl who was in the lead looked at a question and was like:

"Who names their kid DANE-ZAHL WASHING-TUNE"? Had zero idea who that was.

• Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Looks okay. The first was fun, but I couldn't tell you the first thing about Equalizer 2... extremely forgettable. I think there was some showdown outside in the rain at the end???

Anyways, I learned on Friday just how irrelevant people like Denzel are to the younger generation, which is very unfortunate. Last couple minutes of class I did a movie trivia kahoot with the kids since there are a couple of "movie buffs" in the class, and one girl who was in the lead looked at a question and was like:

"Who names their kid DANE-ZAHL WASHING-TUNE"? Had zero idea who that was.

Show those kids Training Day. They deserve to be cultured.