Maggie

Weekend Thread (Feb 4 - 6) : Jackass $1.65 Thursday

I would bet on word of mouth spreading like wildfire and a really good Saturday due to the Thurs/Fri business getting pushed into the weekend after the winter storms.  

Wouldn't shock me to see it go $25m+ for the weekend now.  I also think it will run nicely for a few weeks.  

• Like 3

It’s hard to say exactly how the lingering meteorological issues will affect Sat/Fri, but fwiw Jackass 3 and 2 both dropped 14% on Sat from Fri despite good reception. There’s a real degree of fanrush to these things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

@Krissykins My friend and I decided to rewatch the scream series before we go see the new one. And we finally did it. We haven’t seen the new movie yet, but I watched 2, 3, and 4 again. And I have to say I love the ladies. Gail Weathers and Sidney Prescott are so iconic.

Ahhh! I love that. They really are iconic. Especially when they are together. Let me know what you think of the new film! 

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

$1.12m for Scream.  

+165%, nice! Thanks for the number :) 

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

$9.5m for Jackass Forever.  

After seeing the film last night, I’m glad it’s doing well. Haven’t laughed out loud that much at a film in a long time 😂

2 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

It’s hard to say exactly how the lingering meteorological issues will affect Sat/Fri, but fwiw Jackass 3 and 2 both dropped 14% on Sat from Fri despite good reception. There’s a real degree of fanrush to these things.

Correct but that was over 10 years ago. The target audience probably have kids and a high credit score now so rushing to the cinema opening day is probably no longer an option for them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

That's still catastrophic, though. Unless it makes a huge killing overseas Warcraft-type, it's still a financial loss for Lionsgate

Aren’t Lionsgate only on the hook for $40m? It won’t be catastrophic for them.