Eric Loves Rey

Death on the Nile (2022)

Death on the Nile (2022)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I wish Kenneth Branagh had just played Poirot (which he does excellently) while handing off directing duties to someone who could derive more thrills or even camp from the material, but overall I found this to be more lively and slightly more intriguing than Murder on the Orient Express, and better than one would expect given all the tabloid drama that's surrounded multiple members of the cast as it sat on the shelf. It looks good minus some iffy green screen work, all the actors (yes, even beleaguered Armie Hammer) are pretty good, and it moves by quickly enough even if the various twists and turns can be seen coming from miles away for someone experiencing the story for the first time. B-

I did like that the moustache got an origin story. I have clearly either watched too many murder mysteries because I worked out early on who the murderer was but still an enjoyable film. 

Not sure we'll get another Poirot film but I'd love to see The ABC Murders or Evil Under the Sun done next.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I did like that the moustache got an origin story. I have clearly either watched too many murder mysteries because I worked out early on who the murderer was but still an enjoyable film. 

Not sure we'll get another Poirot film but I'd love to see The ABC Murders or Evil Under the Sun done next.

The origin story of Poirot's moustache was something else lmao. Followed by the reveal that he shaved it off at the end. I'm going to assume none of that was included in previous versions of the story.

Sir Kenneth was clearly on a black-and-white kick between the many B&W sequences here followed by making Belfast after this.

I don't know how a movie where everyone is great in their roles, and with such good changes and additions to the story, still manages to end up so bland and forgettable. It has no thrills or emotion. 

Sophie Okonedo was a standout to me, she deserves more appreciation.