Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Weekend:

Stalingrad 3d:$11,655,301(-28.3%)/$33,683,560

Escape Plan:$3,130,812

Gravity:$2,169,870(-44.3%)/$17,578,947

Rush:$1,411,758/$1,930,239

Insidious 2:$605,036(-67.6%)/$9,396,285

Only -28% for Stalingrad :o That's just crazy! :o $40m will be reached this week.

• Like 1

Early report says 1300 for Thor 2 and Frozen. 1500 for Catching Fire.

But as you can see screen count doesn't mean much here. Escape Plan with 890 copies has more shows than Rush with 1500+ copies. 

Agree, that doesn't mean anything in Russia.

Still, I expected more copies for Thor 2 than CF...They must be confident about it.

Looking at "Twilight" numbers in Russia, i think CF can go up to 40m, and last part may earn more than 60m, because unlike "Twilight" it attracts more audience and better quality wise.

Thor (2011) = $16m

Hunger Games (2012) = $12m

Thor 2 will benefit from The Avengers effect + 2 years of growth from the Russian market.

CF won't have this advantage, so I see it slightly under Thor 2 because its broader audience. To see Hunger Games at $40m+ we need to wait for the last one.

Hunger Games (2012) = $12m

13,5m, and i already said why it can do better than Thor + to that: IMAX screens until Hobbit, that's 4 weeks vs 2(Thor), nobody knew about Hunger Games in Russia when they came out, today - everyone knows(it beats "Avengers effect", that situation applies to many markets, HG overseas was a "dark horse", today it's a 100% hit), and, actually, competition was stronger back then.

So, game change, Thor will have wide(as always) preview starting November 1st, probably not in IMAX though, because of the Ender's Game(RIP)...

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

13,5m, and i already said why it can do better than Thor + to that: IMAX screens until Hobbit, that's 4 weeks vs 2(Thor), nobody knew about Hunger Games in Russia when they came out, today - everyone knows(it beats "Avengers effect", that situation applies to many markets, HG overseas was a "dark horse", today it's a 100% hit), and, actually, competition was stronger back then.

So, game change, Thor will have wide(as always) preview starting November 1st, probably not in IMAX though, because of the Ender's Game(RIP)...

We'll see, I still see Thor 2 ahead, but they will be close to each other.

Looking at "Twilight" numbers in Russia, i think CF can go up to 40m, and last part may earn more than 60m, because unlike "Twilight" it attracts more audience and better quality wise.

thanks for your prediction

It will be great if it can do 40 :wub: yet I dont see it being as popular as twilight 

again I can be wrong (+ quality doesnt always gross more sadly)

this weekend is soooooooooo boring i cant. absolutely nothing to see

probably will go find a cinema that shows Don Jon I guess or once again will see WTM

Edited by Leyla

thanks for your prediction

It will be great if it can do 40 :wub: yet I dont see it being as popular as twilight 

again I can be wrong (+ quality doeasnt always gross more sadly)

this weekend is soooooooooo boring i cant. absolutely nothing to see

probably will go find a cinema that shown Don Jon I guess or once again will see WTM

Don't worry, Thor 2 is coming next week (previews) ^_^

Don't worry, Thor 2 is coming next week (previews) ^_^

That's actually better for CF performance too: gap between two big releases increased, and, since Thor coming out basically week early, it shouldn't lead the week before CF, but this battle will be tight: Last Vegas, Three Musketeers(local) and Carrie.

Also, 4th of Nov is a holiday, so it'll be a five-day weekend(31-4, Thor preview from 1), i think Thor gonna do at least 10m in preview(1-6 Nov)