Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

As I already told Gravity was overestimated. Never trust hollywood estimates for Russian box office. 3,893,696 - 14,130,031 48% drop.

About Time 485,167 in 316 theaters

Rush grossed 283,419 in 2 days previews

And yet we can say Gravity has great legs, -48% is not bad at all there. :)

"Stalingrad" should do min. 4m in Mon-Wed + min 8m in 2nd week-end(lead) = 28m at least by the 20th, so total can be close to 40m, but 49.9m of "Irony of Fate" is far off.

PR of "Cloudy 2" is already started, so it should win week-end of October 24-27, first movie did only 8.6m in total, so it'll be a surprise if OW will be bigger than 8m, and total - ~20m.

And "Gravity" can make it to 20m.

Edited by Cosmonaut

Frozen (Disney) release date : November 27th

I'm really optimistic about this one : no competition in the animation field Russians love + Ice + Snow + Disney marketing.

I don't see it under $20m that's for sure, and it could pass $30m.

Frozen (Disney) release date : November 27th

I'm really optimistic about this one : no competition in the animation field Russians love + Ice + Snow + Disney marketing.

I don't see it under $20m that's for sure, and it could pass $30m.

It's out 12 December with "12 Years a Slave", of cource it's going to win the weekend but, probably, not going to last.

"Hobbit" coming out next week with "Walking with Dinosaurs 3D", plus if "American Hustle" comes out too, there will be just no place for it, and it looks like a bit of rip off from russian(/not only) characters, theme and from previous movie "Tangled".

So 30m is probably a bit optimistic, but 20m is a sure thing. It's better to wait and see how calendar turns out, because now it's incomplete for December.

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

As I already told Gravity was overestimated. Never trust hollywood estimates for Russian box office. 3,893,696 - 14,130,031 48% drop.

About Time 485,167 in 316 theaters

Rush grossed 283,419 in 2 days previews

great drop anyway

brw should I trust fliers from my local theater that there will be Thor 2 previews starting Nov 1?? They def should cash in on Nov holidays!

Many says people applauded after the movie 

lol thos eppl go to the movies once in a lifetime it seems :D

but yeah the wom is not as bad as Mihalkov's hmmmm 'effort'

Edited by Leyla

It's out 12 December with "12 Years a Slave", of cource it's going to win the weekend but, probably, not going to last.

"Hobbit" coming out next week with "Walking with Dinosaurs 3D", plus if "American Hustle" comes out too, there will be just no place for it, and it looks like a bit of rip off from russian(/not only) characters, theme and from previous movie "Tangled".

So 30m is probably a bit optimistic, but 20m is a sure thing. It's better to whait and see how calendar turns out, because now it's incomplete for December.

Oh I see! Indeed $30m could be difficult in these conditions. Something beyond $20m would be great :)