Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Avengers 2 increased by 34% compared to the first one. Still many hoped for more. The general opinion was that it will pass 2 bln RUB or at least come close to this mark. But with two holiday weekends it only managed 2.1 multiplier. After very strong April we got dismal May. Three weekends in a row below last year. This would be the fourth one.

• Like 1

Avengers 2 increased by 34% compared to the first one. Still many hoped for more. The general opinion was that it will pass 2 bln RUB or at least come close to this mark. But with two holiday weekends it only managed 2.1 multiplier. After very strong April we got dismal May. Three weekends in a row below last year. This would be the fourth one.

+34% in RUB is fine :)

Juni, with that OD where do you think San Andreas will stand on Sunday? Something between $7.5m-$8m or that's too much?

Summer holidays are already started. Our kids are lucky to have 3 months off school every year. So till the end of summer normal multipliers will be between 5 and 6. For some frontloaded movies even lower. And with Friday and partial Saturday numbers San Andreas appears frontloaded. I would say around 5.2-5.3 mln OW.

• Like 4

Summer holidays are already started. Our kids are lucky to have 3 months off school every year. So till the end of summer normal multipliers will be between 5 and 6. For some frontloaded movies even lower. And with Friday and partial Saturday numbers San Andreas appears frontloaded. I would say around 5.2-5.3 mln OW.

What are your predictions for JP and TG?

Edited by efialtes76

Jurassic World will have huge screen count. Probably more than 50% of shows on its opening weekend. Movie fans are mostly wary but the general audience wiill come in big numbers. 600-700 mln RUB or 12-14 mln USD with current exchange rates at very least. Not so sure about Terminator. Old movies were very popular, even the third one. But the fourth did rather mediocre numbers.

Since last week I make official weekend prediction for one of our movie sites. I will try to post it here too. 

I predicted 335 mln RUB for San Andreas, 80 mln for Tomorrowland, 56 mln for Mune and 54 mln for Mad Max.

San Andreas is definitely doing less than expected. Tomorrowland also dropped harder than I thought. 

• Like 3

Jurassic World will have huge screen count. Probably more than 50% of shows on its opening weekend. Movie fans are mostly wary but the general audience wiill come in big numbers. 600-700 mln RUB or 12-14 mln USD with current exchange rates at very least. Not so sure about Terminator. Old movies were very popular, even the third one. But the fourth did rather mediocre numbers.

Since last week I make official weekend prediction for one of our movie sites. I will try to post it here too. 

I predicted 335 mln RUB for San Andreas, 80 mln for Tomorrowland, 56 mln for Mune and 54 mln for Mad Max.

San Andreas is definitely doing less than expected. Tomorrowland also dropped harder than I thought. 

Yes.

T3 did $12.8m in 2003 and TS $14.5M in 2009.

I expect  $20m+ for TG..

JW made 135m rubles on Thursday. 4-day gross projected to be about 550m, which would mean like a 15th biggest OW (maybe top 12 if it overperforms with over 600m). Roughly the same territory as Noah (606m), Fast & Furious 6 (555m) and MIB3 (532m). 

In dollars it would've been $16-18m a year or two ago, now will be around $11m. 

• Like 5

JW made 135m rubles on Thursday. 4-day gross projected to be about 550m, which would mean like a 15th biggest OW (maybe top 12 if it overperforms with over 600m). Roughly the same territory as Noah (606m), Fast & Furious 6 (555m) and MIB3 (532m). 

In dollars it would've been $16-18m a year or two ago, now will be around $11m. 

Quite impressive :o

$5.2m in 2 DAYS

Edited by Fullbuster