Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Spain has a diversification problem, you need more jobs in science, high tech, global trade, and better educational system...Spain is too reliant on tourism and real estate.I recently red an article in El Pais about the boom of English learning schools in Spain, and Spain begins to catch up France is this area :)I'm sure Spain economy will be healthy again with unemployment below 10%, in 10 or 15 years, it's a great country.For the moment it's the lost decade in Spain, but be patient :)

That's the point. Tourism is our only identity sign (beaches, sun,...). There are very good formed people leaving universities, but there are no investments in every areas you mentioned, so we are having an exodus to other countries of very qualified people because they can't develop their knowledge in Spain. We form (and spend money) in people that will produce for other countries. It's a shame. And when you have a government that low investments in that key areas, the depression state rises. Anyway, thank you very much for your encouragement :)

Given the terrible numbers of M3 I bet on $60m for IA4, I bet on 75-80m before that.I still don't get what happened...

Could be the reason of this drop that average ticket price is rising a lot? I've read some posts referring to this point

Could be the reason of this drop that average ticket price is rising a lot? I've read some posts referring to this point

Our distributors and theaters owners simply dont want to hear that. Russians love 3D and IMAX, they love to supportthat myth.

Social polarization is very strong but with 150m population (around 190mln with other CIS countries) you still can find enough people to fill movie theaters. Even with $20-24 for IMAX. Remember that it is very often one theater for 100.000-200.000 of population or even more.

Nearly 15 mln people live in Moscow alone and there standards of life are much higher. So Moscow alone provides nearly a third of Russian box office. But still people there are already complaining about ticket prices. And there is not enough discounts and other such measures to provide less expensive tickets for poor or frequent moviegoers. And in movie theaters everyhing is much more expensive. A usual Coke costs 3 times more than in supermarket nearby.

• Like 1

Our distributors and theaters owners simply dont want to hear that. Russians love 3D and IMAX, they love to supportthat myth.

Social polarization is very strong but with 150m population (around 190mln with other CIS countries) you still can find enough people to fill movie theaters. Even with $20-24 for IMAX. Remember that it is very often one theater for 100.000-200.000 of population or even more.

Nearly 15 mln people live in Moscow alone and there standards of life are much higher. So Moscow alone provides nearly a third of Russian box office. But still people there are already complaining about ticket prices. And there is not enough discounts and other such measures to provide less expensive tickets for poor or frequent moviegoers. And in movie theaters everyhing is much more expensive. A usual Coke costs 3 times more than in supermarket nearby.

apropos expensive Coke:

In Austria guest worker families from former Jugoslavija are econically the poorest members of our society. Once waiting in a train station such a family bought a bottle of Coke from a vending machine. I intervened telling them that they can buy a bigger bottle for less than half the price from the nearby supermarket and we had enough time for that till the train comes. This family told me it does not matter.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya#Madagascar3 broke $100M intl WED incl $25.8M from Russia. Will pass $100M US SAT in 9 days & may hit $275M ww by SUN.

Strong Wednesday I suppose. Nothing suggest big drop so far. Except probable Snow White breakout but that seams very unlikely.

That's the point. Tourism is our only identity sign (beaches, sun,...). There are very good formed people leaving universities, but there are no investments in every areas you mentioned, so we are having an exodus to other countries of very qualified people because they can't develop their knowledge in Spain. We form (and spend money) in people that will produce for other countries. It's a shame. And when you have a government that low investments in that key areas, the depression state rises. Anyway, thank you very much for your encouragement :)

Unfortunately you can't develop a performing hi-tech / science sector easily, it's very long to develop this.

Moscow metropolitan area accounts for about 33% of Russia's GDP, so it's not so surprising.In Moscow the standard of living = average standard of living of Germany, but some places are still very poor.

Unfortunately you can't develop a performing hi-tech / science sector easily, it's very long to develop this.

I know it, but if government don't bet on this develop today, we won't get it nor in 50 years

Nothing happened... everyone just went too overboard with their predictions.

No, these predictions were fair and logical, given Russian BO growth since M2, the record in screens and no competition in this area...By the way you predicted less than $40m but it's still unlikely.