Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

well for a Batman movie

TDK flopped there but I'm sure it had a great WOM with downloads, that helped TDKR :) A fourth Batman could pass 30m there, but we won't have a fourth Batman so I hope Russians will be open-minded for Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel.I'm not worried about Iron Man 3 : with a bigger Russian market and the success of The Avengers + 3D it will pass 20m easily and destroy Iron Man 2.

The Dark Knight Rises was very frontloaded so updated estimates are less than the first ones. $7.96m without previews and $8.19m with previews. Ice Age 4 grossed $3.49m after 62% drop. $40.7m totalStep Up 4 is well below the 3rd movie with $2.71m on 780 screens.

20M is gone, right?

It's still possible, but that could be hard given Olympics and the competition of Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy and The Expandables 2.Under 20m would be disappointing for such a blockbuster in such a big market.When I see numbers of TASM and TDKR there I'm more impressed about Avengers numbers :P

13M total ? Why ?

I don't know, I don't really have an idea about its potential, I think it could do 20m+ but I'm cautious, maybe too cautious.What do you think? I was optimistic about Russian numbers before but I'm disappointed about this summer releases there, particularly Ice Age 4.

I don't know, I don't really have an idea about its potential, I think it could do 20m+ but I'm cautious, maybe too cautious.What do you think? I was optimistic about Russian numbers before but I'm disappointed about this summer releases there, particularly Ice Age 4.

I think probably around 10M ?