Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

The next week two local films will be unleashed on 1500+ screens each. An adventure comedy and a crime action.Also in wide release on November, 29: Secret of the Wings (500), Words (350) and Collection (370)The first week of December will bring 8 or even 9 wide releases. Still nothing looks particularly strong.Un Plan Parfait (350), Apartment 1303 (500), Playing for Keeps (550), Lawless (450), Ra.One (200), Tadeo Jones (350), Here Comes the Boom (450) plus 2 local films.

Edited by juni78ukr

The next week two local films will be unleashed on 1500+ screens each. An adventure comedy and a crime action.Also in wide release on November, 29: Secret of the Wings (500), Words (350) and Collection (370)The first week of December will bring 8 or even 9 wide releases. Still nothing looks particularly strong.Un Plan Parfait (350), Apartment 1303 (500), Playing for Keeps (550), Lawless (450), Ra.One (200), Tadeo Jones (350), Here Comes the Boom (450) plus 2 local films.

So many movies and screens, I guess ROTG and BD2 will lose a lot of screens....Russia really need to accelerate the pace of theaters creation.

A new clever idea from our film industry: Movie theaters on big railway stations)

Indeed that could be a good idea. The Russian economy is in good shape, the potential is clearly there :)

Oh and by the way : do you know the number of theaters or screens in Russia in this moment?

The last data you give us :

SCREENS AND THEATERS IN RUSSIA

---->By 31.12.2011 2726 modern screens in 928 theaters. 1472 digital and 1434 3D. 19 IMAX.

Edited by Fullbuster

Me neither, it bombed despite wom being pretty good.But we can also try to explain why such a bomb for ROTG in China: it opened just one week later than WIR while great wom for WIR already spreaded; Two big 3D films 2012 and Pi opened one week later, ROTG was instantly killed before any possible won kicking in.

Do you think the one-child policy in China is a reason for the problems of many animated movies in China?

for us he is an American upstart fresh from a Coca-Cola ad trying to usurp a place that does not belong to him (normally you Frenchies are the anti-American no-MacDonald-guys?)

You can say it's "cliché!"As a French I never heard somebody criticize Santa Claus, people like him this way and don't care, I never saw the original Santa so I don't want him back, and the red color is better, more magical :DAbout McDonald's : France is the third-biggest customer of McDonald's (behind the US, of course, and Japan), people love it. Only few people hate it, like José Bové, an alterglobalist.And no, Frenchies are not anti-american, only a part of them, I'm not one of them, I love America and I dream to live and work there after my studies :) Edited by Fullbuster

You can say it's "cliché!"As a French I never heard somebody criticize Santa Claus, people like him this way and don't care, I never saw the original Santa so I don't want him back, and the red color is better, more magical :DAbout McDonald's : France is the third-biggest customer of McDonald's (behind the US, of course, and Japan), people love it. Only few people hate it, like José Bové, an alterglobalist.And no, Frenchies are not anti-american, only a part of them, I'm not one of them, I love America and I dream to live and work there after my studies :)

I am not anti-American either butI have to defend the Christkind against Santa Claus (or Pere Noël or DedMoroz)

Russian/Slavic roots in Hollywood

Posted Image

Both grandfathers of Steven Spielberg are from Russia. And his sister’s husband is a distant relative of Boris Pasternak, a Russian poet, novelist, and literary translator.

Posted Image

Natalie Portman’s parents moved to Jerusalem from Kishinev, Moldova.

Posted Image

Leonardo DiCaprio’s grandmother moved from the USSR to Germany together with her parents after the revolution. There, she got married and her daughter moved to the USA to give birth to the world famous actor.

Posted Image

It is unlikely that a shy Jewish girl Rosa Robinovich from Odessa ever thought that her great grandson would become a world famous movie actor Sylvester Stallone.

MORE HERE :

http://englishrussia...s-in-hollywood/

Edited by Fullbuster