Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Almost all. Maybe Gravity will return next week.

thx

hmm so if its performing good maybe they decide to keep the screens playing Stalingrad?

Indeed I never watched soviet movies, so explain me...?

lol there would be a long & boring rant of an old lady so I wont go there :P

this day is so warm & beautiful (it makes me wqant to go take pics & post here :D ) so I'm not in the mood 4 rants

Just read some viewers reviews & I feel validated

very average. Whats real bad is that it will be the film sent 4 Oscar consideration  :(  not something awesome like Legend #17 or Marathon but this glamour cgi fest

Anyway I hope that the money the producer gets from Stalinrad he puts to good use aka 4 promo & festival push of Andrei Zvyagintsev' s 'Leviafan' next year :wub: This hopefully will be @ CAnnes

& I'm back to waiting for Thor

THAt will be exciting

Edited by Leyla

thx

hmm so if its performing good maybe they decide to keep the screens playing Stalingrad?

lol there would be a long & boring rant of an old lady so I wont go there :P

this day is so warm & beautiful (it makes me wqant to go take pics & post here :D ) so I'm not in the mood 4 rants

Just read some viewers reviews & I feel validated

very average. Whats real bad is that it will be the film sent 4 Oscar consideration  :(  not something awesome like Legend #17 or Marathon but this glamour cgi fest

Anyway I hope that the money the producer gets from Stalinrad he puts to good use aka 4 promo & festival push of Andrei Zvyagintsev' s 'Leviafan' next year :wub: This hopefully will be @ CAnnes

& I'm back to waiting for Thor

THAt will be exciting

Very average? So most of the budget was used for FX? Not good!

Russian movies will rise again!  B)

Their market share last year was so low the Russian government could stop financing them, and Hollywood's market share reaches 85%.

So it's quite unlikely. Stalingrad 3D is an attempt to change this matter of fact, but it will not be easy to be profitable with it, and if it's profitable it won't be by that much. An industry needs a strong domestic market to thrive, and it's not the case here or neighboring countries, there is no space to grow, it's too late.

Russian movies will rise again!  

there are some really good russian movies out there but too bad not everything gets the $$$ & attention it deserves

& some bad movies that get marketing push give our local cinema bad rep  :(

There are really good mainstream films l& sometimes they luck out & get $$$ they deserve. but often not :(

good thing is we have Sokurov, mah man Andrei Zvyaginstev, Muratova, Lebedev who redeemed himself with 'Legend'  & other directors to balance 100 heartless bullsh** films & New Year cash grab projects from Channel 1.

sometimes i really envy South Korea & China which are able to attract the local auds AND make really quality movies at the same time

Very average? So most of the budget was used for FX? Not good!

well obv it went to fx but judjing from the trailer it looks fake who knows maybe its better on the big screen but i doubt it

Whats really strange is some ppl say that along with shitty storyline the actual battle look unimpressive either so I really scratch my head where the money went if its true

Imo all the director is good at is videos, commercials & hosting a tv program abt movies which I personally liked v much

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

Their market share last year was so low the Russian government could stop financing them, and Hollywood's market share reaches 85%.

So it's quite unlikely. Stalingrad 3D is an attempt to change this matter of fact, but it will not be easy to be profitable with it, and if it's profitable it won't be by that much. An industry needs a strong domestic market to thrive, and it's not the case here or neighboring countries, there is no space to grow, it's too late.

Asian markets will support Russian and European movies in the future!  :D

So we've got 2.56 mln Thursday and Friday looks like around 2.95 mln. 5.5 mln in two days.

The question now how much it will increase on Saturday. Even with moderate 80% increase OW will be 15+ mln.  

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 2

So we've got 2.56 mln Thursday and Friday looks like around 2.95 mln. 5.5 mln in two days.

The question now how much it will increase on Saturday. Even with moderate 80% increase OW will be 15+ mln.  

Wow that would be really impressive for a local movie, even Hollywood movies rarely do that, or not that much.