Eric is Quiet

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | March 22, 2024

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

probably will happen. Guessing they will go animated or ultra cheap 

I'd watch an animated GB movie from Sony if they get good directors/writers.

Watch them get Lord/Miller for a GBverse film with every previous actor or something lol

4 minutes ago, MAZE animations said:

Wouldn't shock me

Sony really wanted this to be a big cinematic universe with spin offs galore 

I remember they created their own sub-studio called Ghost Corps. No idea if it still exists in any interesting capacity though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I remember they created their own sub-studio called Ghost Corps. No idea if it still exists in any interesting capacity though.

It's still very much a thing. This new movie opens with the logo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

It's like Home Alone 2 where people only like it because they were 10 when they first saw it. It's the ground zero of all the other movies and all the same problems they share.

Of course with Home Alone 2 you have had, for the past couple of years, the problem with The Cameo. Nowdays that Cameo is just plain wrong for a Christmas themed movie.

Spoiler

The DOnald Trump  cameo for many people..incluidng me..is not much better then having Hitler or Stalin do a cameo.

Problem with GHostbusters 2 is it is too much like the original. It ocmes off more like a reamek then a sequel.

Almost excacty the same plot. It has a few good moments but overall it is a huge downgrade in quality.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1

19 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

It's like Home Alone 2 where people only like it because they were 10 when they first saw it. It's the ground zero of all the other movies and all the same problems they share.

Hard disagree, I saw all of them when I was a kid, and even then I still remember liking the 2nd one way more than the other sequels. Culkin's charisma puts it above all the others.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Hard disagree, I saw all of them when I was a kid, and even then I still remember liking the 2nd one way more than the other sequels. Culkin's charisma puts it above all the others.

There are only two Home Alone movies.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 1:32 PM, SaltyPistola said:

Ghostbusters 2 is awful. Unlikeable characters, basically no laughs and and an over reliance on special effects. To me it's just as bad as Ghostbusters 2016.  I truely can't see how someone can say 2 is solid while 2016 is awful, that's gotta be nostalgia talking. 

I was on some absolute hater juice. I got dragged to the new one and actually had a blast. A solid to great family film. I think a lot of people will dig this one. I am deeply surprised. Guess that's a lesson learnt lmao, never write anything off completely. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 2:56 AM, Hatebox said:

Not going to say my age but suffice it to say GB’84 was a cultural touchstone for me on par with star wars for 70s kids. Proton pack toys, figurines, lunch boxes, the lot.

doesn’t stop me looking at the mental gymnastics going on from big chunks of the current fanbase right now and thinking “fucking hell”

This whole community feels like nothing but grown ass men trying to relive their youth however they can (same can be said for the creatives shepherding the franchise currently). I visited the sub and I was shook. What da hell are they doin. No one should be taking Ghostbusters that seriously 

The only nostalgia I have for Ghostbusters is I saw the first one twice in high school.  These are my rankings.

1. Afterlife (I know how shocking).

2. Ghostbusters

3. Frozen Empire

4. Ghostbusters II

I never saw 2016.  Nothing like "Controversy" baiting dominating the advertising for me not to see it, and my library does not have it.  I will never say anything bad about the movie until I see it and can judge, but I will judge its marketing.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:32 PM, SaltyPistola said:

Ghostbusters 2 is awful. Unlikeable characters, basically no laughs and and an over reliance on special effects. To me it's just as bad as Ghostbusters 2016.  I truely can't see how someone can say 2 is solid while 2016 is awful, that's gotta be nostalgia talking. 

Trust me, there are a lot of people that I know who hate the 2016 Ghostbusters but loves the second film from 1989. Hell some of these people even like the second film more than the original one.

• Like 1