Eric Prime

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

I would've agreed w that if it weren't for Ruby, which is why that movie annoys me.

Ruby's presence at least would just about seal this movie's fate if it is in fact mediocre. Gotta say I would be pretty pessimistic right now if it weren't for the Cannes announcement. They still really haven't shown off much footage that would suggest their usual depth and the lack of general enthusiasm for it save for the few people in this thread is hard to shake off. I don't know if an enthusiastic critical reception can surmount all that, wish they'd give us a little more.

Disney has just started promoting TLM. They are just giving it its time and then this one will surely follow.

• Like 2

One point in this movie's favor is the most recent official trailer on YouTube already has significantly more views (28m) than the final trailers for Strange World (17m) and Lightyear (19m) which is kinda surprising. I'm not usually one to read into trailer views but I need some kind of nugget hehe.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, AniNate said:

One point in this movie's favor is the most recent official trailer on YouTube already has significantly more views (28m) than the final trailers for Strange World (17m) and Lightyear (19m) which is kinda surprising. I'm not usually one to read into trailer views but I need some kind of nugget hehe.

I read into trailer views for Turning Red... if only it was in theaters.

Yeah I don't like that. Feel like it's got to be some sort of fire code violation to put up a fake extinguisher and it seems like a lot of the replies feel the same way. Put the decals around a real one.

Edited by AniNate

7 hours ago, AniNate said:

I saw this going viral but didn't want to share it because of how totally dumb and possibly illegal it is. This is not going to help the movie's cause

It's not gonna hurt it in the slightest.

(in fact, on balance, I do think it helps, ftr)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

I guess, would prefer Pixar movies not be the news for bad reasons though. Such an oof from the marketing department that would've been quite clever without the unforced error of a fake extinguisher graphic.

32 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I guess, would prefer Pixar movies not be the news for bad reasons though. Such an oof from the marketing department that would've been quite clever without the unforced error of a fake extinguisher graphic.

I really don't expect this to cause a major stir or turn people off en masse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, this is like viral marketing. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Most people will go away from Cannes before Elemental premiere 

I hope there’s screenings in LA and NY as well so there will be a splash of reviews instead of only a couple that manages to be in the festival 

We'll see, I guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if it opens below Transformers. There isn't interest for original animation post-pandemic besides Disney Princesses. Also the animation looks cheaper than usual for Pixar.

Releasing it right after Spider-Verse is a big ???

And alongside Flash???

4 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it opens below Transformers. There isn't interest for original animation post-pandemic besides Disney Princesses. Also the animation looks cheaper than usual for Pixar.

Releasing it right after Spider-Verse is a big ???

And alongside Flash???

1. Transformers isn't tracking so well. That movie has to contend with the other blockbusters it's wedged in between. 

2. The one advantage this has is that it'll be the option for families. Spider-Verse is family friendly, but this is more of an all-ages option. 

3. The Flash is targeting a separate demographic altogether. If Inside Out can do well alongside Jurassic World, I don't see why this can't, either.