EmpireCity

Top Gun Maverick Weekdays Thread | 15.8m Tue, 14.8m Wed, 14.5m Thurs, ??m Fri

• Founder / Operator
41 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

If you read these threads, you know I have made predictions days ago on this.  It's exploding and won't be shocked to see $75m+

I wasn't being disrespectful, I was saying that you can go ahead and update the $57m number now as it won't be close and all the data shows that.  

I don't read the threads unless someone tags me or sends a message about something specifically, so I'm asking for a link to your number. I believe you, just show me... but it should have been based on the 4-day only, without any influence from any other weekday grosses, if you're making a fair contrast. That's the only apples-to-apples comparison that can be made given the timing of when our initial $57M was sent before Tuesday numbers were reported. I don't see those before the main weekend forecast report goes out most of the time.

Anyway, I thought I was clear when I told @keysersoze123 that wasn't the number anymore. Like I mentioned in our private message, your response read as condescending to me (you know I know the number was irrelevant already). But if that wasn't your intent, we're good.

I'm just asking you and everyone to see it from my point of view every now and then. A two-day old forecast is easy to critique on the forums where there are no deadlines or publishing responsibilities or other work tasks or other real life circumstances that prohibit me from being able to constantly update something every few hours without any real dividend to come out of it.

This just felt very similar to last week when several people were calling out my TGM forecast for being too high when they thought presales were stalling on Thursday. We know what happened, and I've tried to bite my tongue about it.

I have to prioritize what gets updated and when. I don't mind getting a friendly heads up or a question, but that doesn't always mean I'll have time to address it publicly even if I can see where things are heading in a different direction like they actually are this week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1