Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

So this has a 135m dollar budget give or take, and it's still shooting.  It opens wide on Jan. 8th on the same date as Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (right?).  And Michael Bays new movie comes out the weekend after and it looks murica! ala American Sniper and Lone Survivor.  Is this movie going to flop? Or does Leo's star power (along with Hardy) save the project? 

So this has a 135m dollar budget give or take, and it's still shooting.  It opens wide on Jan. 8th on the same date as Tarantino's The Hateful Eight (right?).  And Michael Bays new movie comes out the weekend after and it looks murica! ala American Sniper and Lone Survivor.  Is this movie going to flop? Or does Leo's star power (along with Hardy) save the project? 

i am pretty sure its done shooting now since they said they were 90% done 3 weeks ago. so should be done and i am pertty sure this movie loses money but not a whole lot but it will get oscars and shit 

If it's an Oscar contender it can make pretty solid money, especially with Leo in the lead. But you're right, the budget is really high, and a mixed reception could doom a movie like this, as it doesn't seem GA friendly.

Edited by Jayhawk

i am pretty sure its done shooting now since they said they were 90% done 3 weeks ago. so should be done and i am pertty sure this movie loses money but not a whole lot but it will get oscars and shit 

No, they've got another shoot coming up in Chile. (I think it starts right around now, for three weeks or so). They're chasing snow.

• Like 1

Hard to say. Leo gives this type of project real potential, like the type of potential to draw in an audience who would never watch this type of movie leading to this film garnering tons of critical acclaim but polarizing audience appeal cause they all go...Innawhatu? Wtf did I just watch?

I don't see the mainstream loving this...I can see them watching it just cause of the talent involved (to a certain degree).

Just watched Wolf of Wall Street again.

Leo s performance in that film = LIFE itself.

It s up there with any legendary De Niro or Jack Nicholson performance.

And the last shot of the movie is one of the most brutal thing ever put on film.

• Like 2

Just watched Wolf of Wall Street again.

Leo s performance in that film = LIFE itself.

It s up there with any legendary De Niro or Jack Nicholson performance.

And the last shot of the movie is one of the most brutal thing ever put on film.

Its absurd how American Hustle won best film of the year when WOWS, a film dealing with similar issues absolutely knocked it out of the park. Not saying WOWS should have won, but it deserved it more than AH.

Edit, just realised AH didn't win that year haha

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

'The Revenant' has now finally wrapped its additional shooting.

https://instagram.com/p/6ITuzOpL-o/

jaketomuriAnd that's a wrap for me on 'The Revenant' A 5 month turned 8 month shoot! Many thanks to my gorgeous Wife for holding down the fort. The hard working durable crew. Tommy, Doug Coleman, Brian, Adam, Nat, Audrey, Jody, Panda, Lukas and the talented Stunt Team. ADIOS AMIGOS!!! 

https://instagram.com/p/6IjOA8lXQI/

leonardodicaprio.74Its a wrap on shooting The Revenant ...finally

Hey hey hey. I love Cate, but I'm no stan. ;)

But since I'm stirring the pot-- I have Leo 7th for 2013, behind the four other nominees, Hanks, and Phoenix.

Edit: And I think JLaw honestly deserved a second Oscar for her work in American Hustle. My favorite performance of hers, maybe there we can agree.

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 2