Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

They are referring to Redmayne's somewhat tepid response but lol. Fassbender is now the front runner and Redmayne's is very much in contention. Leo might not even get a nom.

I hate the Leo zeitgeist.

Every Oscar Pundit is throwing the Oscah Frontrunner Shit against the wall and they all see what sticks afterwards so they all can say :

' Told Ya So !"

A child could do what they do really.

• Like 1

Well, that's basically every movie this year.

If you're Tele, even Star Wars. Even Star Wars.

And goddamit, on that...Tele might be right.

Especially Star Wars.

If Abrams had Miller's ability to include callbacks to the original films without beating the nostalgia over your head, that'd be one thing, but he's shown no ability to be that restrained.

Star Wars will be fun, sure. But great? Nah, man. I'm super skeptical.

Every Oscar Pundit is throwing the Oscah Frontrunner Shit against the wall and they all see what sticks afterwards so they all can say :

' Told Ya So !"

A child could do what they do really.

You're right. If they fail, it doesn't matter. If they win? They were the first to report it. It is disgustingly mainstream and useless, especially in September.

I don't know why it's such a tough concept for some people to get that not everyone shares their opinion of DiCaprio's talents and achievements.  The amount of times some people feel the need to bellow "He's okay but not that good!  Now  ______ is a real actor" is getting rather tiresome.  Acting-wise I'd take his 1993 alone over Rooney Mara's entire career, but you won't see me prodding her fans about it like I'm desperate to correct them. 

Edited by Jeriosnal
  • Like 2

I don't know why it's such a tough concept for some people to get that not everyone shares their opinion of DiCaprio's talents and achievements. The amount of times some people feel the need to bellow "He's okay but not that good! Now ______ is a real actor" is getting rather tiresome. Acting-wise I'd take his 1993 alone over Rooney Mara's entire career, but you won't see me prodding her fans about it like I'm desperate to correct them.

It is just annoying because he is tested as some revolutionary talent who is constantly being snubbed as if he is Glenn Close and actually deserved an Oscar.

His career has became a meme and people who know nothing about film have jumped on the bandwagon. The Academy wants to award him! It'll happen!

What I find exceptionally annoying is the expectation that it'll be his year every time he has a film out.

PS My Rooney profile pic was just a random one I had saved. I think she is a beautiful lady and effortlessly sweet, charming and intriguing. BUT, I've seen next to none of her filmography. Her scene in Her is life-giving and she is fabulous in The Social Network, but I haven't seen Side Effects of Dragon Tattoo. She'll be a fabulous Therese in Carol though. :)

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 1

Dicaprio is the 2nd greatest actor of the 2000s after DDL . But dicaprio's movies are better.

Yea i said it

also no way in hell McConaughey deserved the oscar over DIcaprio in 2013.

lol honey, he wasn't second in 2013. Stay pressed.

I think a lot of people can agree on maybe Joaq's (lol) status as a great? I'd say Blanchett too, but she has some people who don't like her here. Their fans seem subdued too.

Edited by TStechnij