Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

As for Frozen, it grossed R$51m, Frozen 2 could easily pass this too!

As for USD it'll be harder for both movies, much harder. In 2010 and early 2014 Brazil had a much better ER, the gap is colossal so passing them in USD will be challenging..Doable if they're liked by the audience.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This one is particularly hard to predict but there's a strong potential, Beauty & The Beast did very, very well as a live-action film.

The Lion King is the easily the 2nd most hyped movie of the year here, after Avengers. I'm sure it is going to be one of the highest grossing movies of all time in BR.

• Like 1

According to Adorocinema Captain Marvel is slightly more anticipated than Avengers Endgame right now, it's a very good omen for our girl :)

That doesn't mean Captain Marvel will outgross Endgame (not happening) but we can expect a big success, which will make the 4Chan crowd angry but they already suffered after Wonder Woman being huge so they're gonna get used to it lol.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:15 PM, Fullbuster said:

TOTAL REVENUES : MARVEL VS DC (FEBRUARY 2019)

I decided to combine the gross of all movies from these 2 brands from 2002 to February 2019 to know in an accurate way which one is the most popular (both are very popular but to which extent?). The numbers are only in USD/$, maybe I'll add numbers in local currency someday. Let's start with Marvel, I'll add DC later:

MARVEL (inclusing Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four..etc..): $902m

That's right, in Brazil movies based on Marvel franchises/characters grossed a combined 902 million dollars. 2019 will be the year when 1 billion dollars combined could be reached!

UP, DC coming soon.

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Brazil is doing great CMB wise, still strange that GG and AM didn't do better. But BP, WW, AQM and now probably CM doing superb numbers it seems like Brazils favorite genre is CMB. (Forgot IW but it's not a solo movie 😛 )

What's AM?

As for GotG there's my own explanation: Sci-fi movies are unpopular in Brazil and GOTG has a strong sci-fi component, that's what makes it harder for this series to breakthrough.

However GOTG2 grew pretty well and tehir presence in Infinity War / Endgame will probably be beneficial :)

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

What's AM?

As for GotG there's my own explanation: Sci-fi movies are unpopular in Brazil and GOTG has a strong sci-fi component, that's what makes it harder for this series to breakthrough.

However GOTG2 grew pretty well and tehir presence in Infinity War / Endgame will probably be beneficial :)

AM= Ant-Man

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

What's AM?

Ant man