Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

11 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I can say people won't care about Olympic Games here. I know I don't care and I won't care once it gets started.

The country is sick, really sick. It's bleeding like crazy, thanks to the corruption, violence and politicians.  I live in Rio and it's shocking to see so much money being spent for stuff that will be forgotten in the next months.

Our hospitals are broken and lacking money. People are dying because some hospitals are overloaded with more and more people who come from other places ( because these places also lack resources ). 

We can barely leave with our families, without being afraid of being robbed, attacked and harassed by hobos. The fear is there, and it comes to stay. No sane person would feel good by coming to a country full of diseases ( Zika virus is just a tiny example ). 

That being said, cinemas are full today. I bought my ticket for Warcraft and hellllllllllllll, what was that? I could barely walk, lol. I can't wait. Unfortunately my kids can't watch it, yet ( they are way too young ) and wife doesn't like movies based on games ( she's biased because she loves Resident Evil, so I called her out of her BS,lol ). So, I'll be going by myself. Hopefully it's good.

People said that about the World Cup too and in the end most ended up caring. That's just how it works over here in Brazil, the population just doesn't seem to care about the country itself as much as they should and that's one of the reasons we'll always be "the country of the future" and never the present. :(

I'm glad your Warcraft showing was full!

PS: I love the Olympic games, I wish they weren't in Brazil this year for the same reasons as you(the money wasted is really fucked up, so fucking sad), but I'll watch them simply because I always watch them.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

People said that about the World Cup too and in the end most ended up caring. That's just how it works over here in Brazil, the population just doesn't seem to care about the country itself as much as they should and that's one of the reasons we'll always be "the country of the future" and never the present. :(

I'm glad your Warcraft showing was full!

PS: I love the Olympic games, I wish they weren't in Brazil this year for the same reasons as you(the money wasted is really fucked up, so fucking sad), but I'll watch them simply because I always watch them.

I understand the feeling, in France we apply to get them in Paris in 2024 but people are divided about that, I think it's a bad idea given the bad shape of our economy and high deficits...Greece has been ruined by 2004's Olympics and never recovered, the infrastructure they built with billions of dollars ended that way :

article-2723515-207E7DF400000578-786_964

article-2723515-207E815300000578-581_964

article-2723515-207E7E4E00000578-539_964

article-2723515-207E861600000578-835_964

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I can say people won't care about Olympic Games here. I know I don't care and I won't care once it gets started.

The country is sick, really sick. It's bleeding like crazy, thanks to the corruption, violence and politicians.  I live in Rio and it's shocking to see so much money being spent for stuff that will be forgotten in the next months.

Our hospitals are broken and lacking money. People are dying because some hospitals are overloaded with more and more people who come from other places ( because these places also lack resources ). 

We can barely leave with our families, without being afraid of being robbed, attacked and harassed by hobos. The fear is there, and it comes to stay. No sane person would feel good by coming to a country full of diseases ( Zika virus is just a tiny example ). 

That being said, cinemas are full today. I bought my ticket for Warcraft and hellllllllllllll, what was that? I could barely walk, lol. I can't wait. Unfortunately my kids can't watch it, yet ( they are way too young ) and wife doesn't like movies based on games ( she's biased because she loves Resident Evil, so I called her out of her BS,lol ). So, I'll be going by myself. Hopefully it's good.

What you describe looks like hell. In Europe when people imagine Brazil they see beach, sun and football :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I understand the feeling, in France we apply to get them in Paris in 2024 but people are divided about that, I think it's a bad idea given the bad shape of our economy and high deficits...Greece has been ruined by 2004's Olympics and never recovered, the infrastructure they built with billions of dollars ended that way :

That's already started happening with some World Cup stadiums. And now we have the Olympics lol.

To be fair the worst problem with the Olympics isn't even going to be finding a use for stuff afterwards, as Rio is huge and does have a demand for a good part of it. The biggest problem is everything going massively over budget and most of the infrastructure that was  promised to us for the Olympics and that was actually going to help the city afterwards wasn't even fucking built. They canceled most of those projects because they are fucking incompetent and fucking corrupt at the same time lol. Too incompetent to actually finish stuff in time for the Olympics and too fucking corrupt to actually keep from overspending.

Heck, they didn't even clean up the lake that was going to be used for sailing stuff ! They didn't even fucking start and they had like 8 years to do it! They never even tried :rofl:

The city's lost hundreds of millions that went into people's pockets over these Olympics and won't reap even half of the benefits promised when we got the Olympics. It's disgusting as hell but sadly quite common in Brazil, same shit happened for the World Cup.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

That's already started happening with some World Cup stadiums. And now we have the Olympics lol.

To be fair the worst problem with the Olympics isn't even going to be finding a use to stuff afterwards, as Rio is huge and does have a demand for a good part of it. The biggest problem is everything going massively over budget and most of the infrastructure that was  promised to us for the Olympics and that was actually going to help the city afterwards wasn't even fucking built. They canceled most of those projects because they are fucking incompetent and fucking corrupt at the same time lol. Too incompetent to actually finish stuff in time for the Olympics and too fucking corrupt to actually keep from overspending.

Heck, they didn't even clean up the lake that was going to be used for sailing stuff ! They didn't even fucking start and they had like 8 years to do it! They never even tried :rofl:

The city's lost hundreds of millions that went into people's pockets over these Olympics and won't reap even half of the benefits promised when we got the Olympics. It's disgusting as hell but sadly quite common in Brazil, same shit happened for the World Cup.

Almost everyone is corrupt in Brazil, changing that won't be easy.

On 26-5-2016 at 9:13 PM, Arlborn said:

rofl

I'm literally laughing, sorry.

There's a reason League of Legends(not a MMORPG but same principle) made a server just for Brazil. The reason? Nobody can stand Brazilians trolling their games rofl

I guess you've never had the misfortune of playing an online game that got "invaded" by Brazilians. I think only Polish people have a reputation to rival Brazilians in online gaming lol

Do you play league of legends? :P And it are not only Brazilians trolling :P

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

People still know what that is.

Things don't work that way. Just because you know what it is or even played the game doesn't mean that you will want to watch a film based on it. I have played the game and it's OK, but it's still a silly game where you slingshot birds into pigs, the good part is the gameplay, not the story. I have no interest is watching an entire film based on it. If things worked this way then any film based on the bible would make ridiculous amounts of money since almost everyone is familiar with that.

7 hours ago, Tower said:

Things don't work that way. Just because you know what it is or even played the game doesn't mean that you will want to watch a film based on it. I have played the game and it's OK, but it's still a silly game where you slingshot birds into pigs, the good part is the gameplay, not the story. I have no interest is watching an entire film based on it. If things worked this way then any film based on the bible would make ridiculous amounts of money since almost everyone is familiar with that.

OK you have a point :P

On 07/06/2016 at 11:12 AM, Fullbuster said:

As for this weekend..Yeah, boring, nothing great before Finding Dory

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Invocação do Mal 2 -   A renda do filme em seu primeiro dia foi de R$ 2,7 milhões

The Conjuring 2 OD ~= $789k (Bigger than Warcraft's 2-day LOOOOOOL)

NYSM2 OD ~= $329k

Source: http://www.filmeb.com.br/noticias/nacional-exibicao/invocacao-do-mal-2-lidera-quinta-feira

Edited by alisson23

On 11/06/2016 at 0:47 AM, alisson23 said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The Conjuring 2 OD ~= $789k (Bigger than Warcraft's 2-day LOOOOOOL)

NYSM2 OD ~= $329k

Source: http://www.filmeb.com.br/noticias/nacional-exibicao/invocacao-do-mal-2-lidera-quinta-feira

Well, while it's good coming from a horror movie it's not "big" so I'm not wrong ^^"

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, while it's good coming from a horror movie it's not "big" so I'm not wrong ^^"

Apart of the (fake) numbers of ODM, The Conjuring 2 is going to have the biggest OW of year apart of SH movies, isn't it big enough for you? There's a world apart of these SH movies, you know? You should try know it.

6 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Apart of the (fake) numbers of ODM, The Conjuring 2 is going to have the biggest OW of year apart of SH movies, isn't it big enough for you? There's a world apart of these SH movies, you know? You should try know it.

3.7m OW for The Conjuring 2 is unexpected, beating Warcraft and Angry Birds