Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Logan's total in Brazil : $18.2m

That's massive, well ahead of expectations. Brazil is the third biggest OS market for it, behind China and the UK.

That's exciting to see the market being so dynamic :)

$25m is a lock and with such an ER it's a prowess. Will it reach $30m? It's clearly possible but I'll need to see how it does against Beauty and the Beast to be certain.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Logan's total in Brazil : $18.2m

That's massive, well ahead of expectations. Brazil is the third biggest OS market for it, behind China and the UK.

That's exciting to see the market being so dynamic :)

$25m is a lock and with such an ER it's a prowess. Will it reach $30m? It's clearly possible but I'll need to see how it does against Beauty and the Beast to be certain.

That's very impressive. Brazilians seem to be having a lot of interest in comic book movies these days.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

I wish the exchange rate was between R$1.7 to R$2 level from 5 years ago because those would be damn huge numbers for movies especially CBM ones which are popular in Brazil.

That's exactly what I think every time I see the BO numbers :lol:

Many movies would be around $50m, and the most impressive ones would be around $70m, people would be in awe :o

In local currency Logan already reached R$57m, 3rs biggest movie of the year behind Moana and Fifty Shades Darker, it will pass them pretty easily. It's very close to X-Men DOFP and Apocalypse. It could beat Deadpool as well.

Impressive, to say the least.

• Like 1

About Beauty and the Beast remember this :

Maleficent started with R$13.4m / 925,000 admissions

Cinderella with 11.9m / 915,000 admissions

BATB will beat them all that's for sure, I see between 1.4m _ 2m admissions OW for it, close to Finding Dory / Logan levels, that would be huge! Maybe it will be even bigger than that!

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Someone noticed Kong's subtitle it was with delay in some scenes? I found it quite annoying. I liked the movie btw, a solid 8/10. Yeah, it was better than godzilla to me. (I like godzilla too). Definitely worth see it in IMAX 3D.

So, what are your most anticipated movies of the year? :)

Edited by Fullbuster