Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just now, marveldcfox said:

I just hate the fact that this movie deserved a much better fate instead Besson fucked up so royally due to bad casting, poor planning and ego. 

You're right to be angry then, it's a shame. As a French I'm all the more disappointed....It's his fault.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

You're right to be angry then, it's a shame. As a French I'm all the more disappointed....It's his fault.

This needed A list cast and big studio backing for a proper world wide release with innovative marketing campaign. Instead he sold it to distributors that had no idea how to market this. 

The most boneheaded decision was releasing it in the US before France. The negativity spread from there to all over the world because the media had already declared it a bomb.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

This needed A list cast and big studio backing for a proper world wide release with innovative marketing campaign. Instead he sold it to distributors that had no idea how to market this. 

The most boneheaded decision was releasing it in the US before France. The negativity spread from there to all over the world because the media had already declared it a bomb.

I totally agree, it's so true!!!

Just now, EduardoMoraes said:

Thanks a lot President Temer
eRcshXy.gifnn

Nah, even in local currency it's slightly under Apes 2, it's clearly underperforming...Numbers in admissions will show that.

Plus, since Temer is in office the Brazilian Real made huge gains over the US Dollar.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Nah, even in local currency it's slightly under Apes 2, it's clearly underperforming...Numbers in admissions will show that.

Plus, since Temer is in office the Brazilian Real made huge gains over the US Dollar.

It's a joke because he's a corrupt fuck & we are in a political mess :sarah:
eRcshXy.gifeRcshXy.gif
Poor Apes, i'm gonna try watch this week

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EduardoMoraes said:

It's a joke because he's a corrupt fuck & we are in a political mess :sarah:
eRcshXy.gifeRcshXy.gif
Poor Apes, i'm gonna try watch this week

Upside : The Brazilian economy is growing again, at least a bit even if it's not enough. Some necessary reforms are enacted.

Downside : The political crisis is not over and could last years, even after the presidential election in 2018.

23 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Still no numbers for Spidey, I want to know if it reached $30m or not.

From ScreenDaily

Spider-Man: Homecoming grossed $9.6m in 63 markets, bringing the international total to $376m. South Korea is the top market on $51.4m, followed by the UK on $34.8m, Brazil $29.9m, Mexico $26.7m, and Australia $19m. Japan is the next market to release on August 11.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I still don't know why you hate this so much.....but as for Brazil they're not interested in sci-fi movies so yes Valerian is certain to bomb. The only exceptions are : Avatar / Star Wars TFA.

He has that weird obsession on the movies that he hates, I remember he laughing at Alien's numbers for months, I hated this movie, but he took this to another level. 

I'm not surprised at Apes underperforming, the Brazilian market is dying, it seems. I remember reading on Filme B last month that numbers went down in June in both ADMs and R$, I wonder if this is thanks to the lack of appealing movies? Or if the crisis is finally affecting our growing? Anyway, I'm pretty sure that 2017 is going to decrease in ADMs, it will be the first year to suffer a decrease since we became one of the main markets. 

10 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

From ScreenDaily

Spider-Man: Homecoming grossed $9.6m in 63 markets, bringing the international total to $376m. South Korea is the top market on $51.4m, followed by the UK on $34.8m, Brazil $29.9m, Mexico $26.7m, and Australia $19m. Japan is the next market to release on August 11.

Wow thanks! :) It's so close to $30m, it will really pass them, I'm really glad!!! :D 

11 minutes ago, XO21 said:

$29.9m? Weird...Mojo and The Numbers had it at $29.675m at the end of last weekend

I completely forgot about last weekend's numbers, I was sure it was $27m or so...but you're right it was $29.7m last weekend....+$0.2m would mean the movie completely collapsed last week after great holds during previous weeks.

Something's wrong. We'll know more about it in several hours when we get numbers in local currency :)

• Like 1