Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Apes repeat on top; good $3.2M OW for IF; no bright future for Tarot

34 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Won't be surprised if pure OD puts it right away in the Top 10 OW 👀 

Neither will I. No number can be surprising for Endgame at this point.    

But they can certainly be excellent 🎉

Updates from Mon-Thu box office before the Endgame storm, as per Canacine:

• Dumbo crossed 400M lc and passed Dragon 3, #2 of the year (but not for long!)
  • Shazam! up to 287.9M lc and Frida 2 now at 287.9M
  • Soft weekdays for La Llorona, total is 137.7M lc and doubt it can reach 200M.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Updates from Mon-Thu box office before the Endgame storm, as per Canacine:

• Dumbo crossed 400M lc.
  • Shazam! up to 287.9M lc and Frida 2 now at 287.9M
  • Soft weekdays for La Llorona, total is 137.7M lc and doubt it can reach 200M.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc334af6454655867

• Haha 4

Looking those Brazil numbers I guess can let you know my ceiling at least for OD, and that's just over $246M ($13M) which would be the 4th or 5th highest OW ever.

Please be cautious about these numbers, although I do now see it closer to $220M+ than $200M.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Third act was definitive for Titanic

Third act was definitive for Toy Story 3

Third act was definitive for Coco

Third act was definitive for Infinity War

Glad to say third act is going to be definitive for Endgame. Legs are coming.

Well.... I took 15 minutes just to get inside the theather (and it was one of the small ones - Cinepolis Diana), so I think it will break the OD record easily. When we got of the theater it was still crowded and everybody excited about have they just seen.

I laughed, I was excited, I got goosebumps and I cried my heart out... and never felt the three hour runtime. Anyone that I have spoken about this have like it and a lot of them have said the last hour is more epic than anything ever put in cinema before. Legs will most surely be a factor. But 600M is in play for the OW if not more and anything about 1.4 Billion mostly assured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, carlsalf38 said:

Well.... I took 15 minutes just to get inside the theather (and it was one of the small ones - Cinepolis Diana), so I think it will break the OD record easily. When we got of the theater it was still crowded and everybody excited about have they just seen.

I laughed, I was excited, I got goosebumps and I cried my heart out... and never felt the three hour runtime. Anyone that I have spoken about this have like it and a lot of them have said the last hour is more epic than anything ever put in cinema before. Legs will most surely be a factor. But 600M is in play for the OW if not more and anything about 1.4 Billion mostly assured.

I kinda envy you, that theatre may not be as modern or "cool" as others like Perisur, Oasis or Interlomas but being able to appreciate Reforma as soon as you're out of theatre is indeed cool. That location is just wonderful and I personally love it but Cinépolis should really work a lot in it.

To me was crazier because I went to one of the locations running around the clock and when we got out it felt like a night show because it was insanely crowded by all the people attending the 4:00 AM shows. 

Great you enjoyed it ;)

On 4/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, Carlangonz said:
  • Screens. 6,650+
  • Opening Day. $208M-$216M ($10.9M-$11.3M)
  • Opening Weekend. $525M-$560M ($27.5M-$29.3M)

I'm downgrading OW because of Sunday and preventing any front-loadness but my ceiling would be almost exciting enough for @VenomXXR 👀

The OD est is going to be  toast, I'm not even going to try  hasid a guess atm 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, RtheEnd said:

Fri going to be over lc242m 3.7m admits

Incredible like everywhere 

Just a bit under my highest ceiling which I thought was nuts! :sarah:

@VenomXXR rejoice, now is heading over CM's total! Useless now but my OW  ceiling by Wednesday was $650M and now is possible!

• Astonished 1