Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Planet of the Apes is king with $6.4M OW; good holds for Garfield and Challengers

5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Weekend estimates (Screendaily, Deadline):

• IA5 #1 with $8.7M, second biggest Fox opening.  Lower numbers in USD than IA4 and IA3; but just -4% in lc from the previous one. Awaiting for the final lc numbers  tomorrow for further comparisons.
  • ID2 #2, OK $2.1M weekend for a $11.5M. Its third largest international market.
  • Central Intelligence #4 with $1.5M OW.

Wonder if Me Before You is #3?

That's still big for IA5 ^_^ How much  IA4 grossed in USD during its OW?

Final weekend numbers. IA5 3-day OW lower than IA4 3-day in lc and audience, unexpected, I have to say. It's still the 3rd highest 3-day OW of 2016 behind CW and BVS, and 5th highest 4-day opening. Looks like it'll end up in the 500-550M kc range.

Me Before You continues its brilliant run, could well reach $10M. All those screens showing Scrat resulted in a soft opening for Central Intelligence and 60%+ drops for everything else.

lamina_zpsfaxon9ui.png

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

According to Cinépolis/Cinemex:

• July 15: Finding Dory, The Shallows
  • July 22: Now You See Me 2
  • July 29: Secret Life of Pets
  • August 05: Suicide Squad
  • August 12: Ghostbusters
  • August 25: The Purge 3

FD has Thursday night previews on the 14th and then around the clock from Friday... counted 18 showings on a single location in Mexico City on Saturday from 10 am to midnight, one every 45 minutes!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

According to Cinépolis/Cinemex:

• July 15: Finding Dory, The Shallows
  • July 22: Now You See Me 2
  • July 29: Secret Life of Pets
  • August 05: Suicide Squad
  • August 12: Ghostbusters
  • August 25: The Purge 3

FD has Thursday night previews on the 14th and then around the clock from Friday... counted 18 showings on a single location in Mexico City on Saturday from 10 am to midnight, one every 45 minutes!

whats the OW record for animated mv?? minions...?

Edited by CoolK

Correct, the yellow critters are #1 with a 285,429,627 lc 4-day OW (249,086,907 lc 3-day, third biggest ever). The second highest OW is also related: DM2, with 194,469,726 lc (3-day).

Pixar-wise, these are the Top 3 OW:

Toy Story 3 189,314,095
Monsters University 164,881,614
Inside Out 131,414,919
Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 3

Weekday figures. Summer holidays in full force = great Mon to Tue holds for Tarzan and IA5; even though Scrat and friends still behind IA4, they outperformed IA2 and sneaked into the all time Top 40 at #37. Young Mexicans also enjoying Me Before You, breaking the $10M threshold and about to reach 4M audience. Conjuring 2 on its last legs, at #31 in all-time lc.

julyeta_zpsn9xelady.png

Of course the big question is, how high will Dory open? As per above, the all time record is hold by Minions with 249M lc and TS3 has the Disney/Pixar record with 189M lc. I see nothing that could prevent FD reaching 200M lc, it's saturating all cinemas and has virtually no competition. Place your bets!

• Like 2

Just now, Purple Minion said:

Weekday figures. Summer holidays in full force = great Mon to Tue holds for Tarzan and IA5; even though Scrat and friends still behind IA4, they outperformed IA2 and sneaked into the all time Top 40 at #37. Young Mexicans also enjoying Me Before You, breaking the $10M threshold and about to reach 4M audience. Conjuring 2 on its last legs, at #31 in all-time lc.

julyeta_zpsn9xelady.png

Of course the big question is, how high will Dory open? As per above, the all time record is hold by Minions with 249M lc and TS3 has the Disney/Pixar record with 189M lc. I see nothing that could prevent FD reaching 200M lc, it's saturating all cinemas and has virtually no competition. Place your bets!

How's the buzz like for Pets? It's opening in August right?

17 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

julyeta_zpsn9xelady.png

Dory will crush everything this summer B)