Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

1. Jurassic World: Dominio - $166m //  $602.7m
  2. Top Gun -  $31m //  $195.9m
  3. Dr Strange 2: MoM -  $10m  //  $817m
  4. Diavlo -   $4.1m
  5. Exodo La Última Marea -  $2.5m
  6. Everything Everywhere All at Once - $2.2m

7. Sonic 2 -  $1.7m // $441.1m
  8. Dog -  $1.1m //  $25.7m
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

According to latest reports by CANACINE.

TOP 10 MOVIES 2022 (lc)

01     817,000,000  Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

02     638,000,000  The Batman

03     604,500,000  Jurassic World: Dominion

04     441,000,000  Sonic The Hedgehog 2

05     291,900,000  Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

06     196,800,000  Top Gun: Maverick

07     162,500,000  Morbius

08     134,400,000  Uncharted

09     120,000,000  Permission to Dance On Stage

10     108,800,000  The Bad Guys

• Like 3

I'm getting doubts on Lightyear. I mean it should be massive but Multiverse of Madness was supposed to as well. Dominion... eh, is on a better position because it seems like it'll be similar in admissions to its predecessors.

Anyway Dominion has performed better than Strange post-opening and should win the edge.

• Thanks 1

I mean it should do well but presales just seem to fare closer to a regular animated sequel rather than closer to Toy Story 3/4 so it's hard to see where it could go atm. 

The Black Phone pulling a Maverick and holding previews during Sat and Sun. Everything Everywhere is also expanding starting Thursday from 76 screens to 90-100 screens. Both launch wide next weekend. 

57 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I mean it should do well but presales just seem to fare closer to a regular animated sequel rather than closer to Toy Story 3/4 so it's hard to see where it could go atm

Its still surreal to me that an animated film had THAT big presales anywhere.

23 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Its still surreal to me that an animated film had THAT big presales anywhere.

Incredibles 2 was bigger than anything non-Avengers/Star Wars back in 2018. Even considering is somehow niche, Dragon Ball installments also do incredibly well on advanced sales every time.

Let's wait and see walkups but yeah, not seeing Lightyear on fire. Hard to comp with MOM, Sonic, Batman or Dominion since all those had 5-Day or previews and ranges are quite wide.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:24 AM, Purple Minion said:

Yeah, things looking soft so far for Lightyear, but if Sonic 2 could make it to 440M and 2 months in theatres, the Pixar release should reach at least twice that amount.  I mean, it's the Toy Story saga!

I think that's exactly the problem though no? Everyone seems to have too high of an expectation for it.

Edited by Hilpkioy

11 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

I think that's exactly the problem though no? Everyone seems to have too high of an expectation for it.

Well, it's an spinoff of the most succesful animated franchise and to an extent the most admitted movie ever and the most beloved animation studio in this particular country. It's hard not to see it doing gangbusters.

The reason I'm not doing a forecast this close before release is similar to Shawn's explanations at the tracking thread. See, Incredibles 2 was always pointing always towards a $200M+ opening but Toy Story 4 was so out of range with crazy presales; it was definitely beating Incredibles 2 and Minions but it wasn't so easy to say that it would come *this close* to Infinity War.

TS4 was a particular situation of: 'High presales and massive walk-ups'. Night shows in several locations were beating both Endgame and Infinity War during opening day. So even if Lightyear is coming low in presales we should have reservations about if walkups will put its 4-Day closer of further from Dominion's 5-Day.

Still early but unless something changes radically I think $2M-$2.5M OD aiming for the higher end if walk-ups remain strong and bad weather doesn't mess with them. Incredibles 2 (3-Day + 9:00PM previews) adjusts to $335M ($16.3M) so we'll look into it for the 4-Day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlangonz said:

Still early but unless something changes radically I think $2M-$2.5M OD aiming for the higher end if walk-ups remain strong and bad weather doesn't mess with them. Incredibles 2 (3-Day + 9:00PM previews) adjusts to $335M ($16.3M) so we'll look into it for the 4-Day

That seems quite ok.

14 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I really guess now Jimbo is our only hope to get a billie this year.

And yeah, 2-Day gross is coming below TS4's OD unadjusted. It's barely picking up from what I've seen.

A billion in Mexico LC? Thor L&T won't have a shot?