Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Garfield scratches great $8.4M 6-day OW; safe $2.5M start for The Fall Guy

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Thanks @Shanks, those daily numbers are insane.  @Carlangonz, is TS4 2nd weekend record in peril?

Well record is Fri-Sun so kinda tricky. I was expecting Mario to match it with Thu-Sun after Thu figures but the actual Fri-Sun record seems complicated. Anyway I do remain with $50M-$51M after this weekend and perhaps an extra $1M.

Deadline: In Mexico, Super Mario is the No. 1 movie of the year and now the third-highest-grossing studio animation ever (again, at current rates). It has overtaken The Rise of Gru and Toy Story 3. The local cume through Friday is $43.4M with an estimated 46% drop for the full weekend versus the opening frame.

So 61M-ish lc Friday for a 780M lc total.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$52M total for Mario as predicted, ~940M lc. #8 all-time.

$943M. TS4 was at $948M so they remain neck on neck and with a better ER we should be looking at $75M+ USD.

I'm thinking it surpasses The Lion King by Wed, The Way of Water by Sat and may even IW and Coco next weekend.  

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1

Shit the actuals :ohmygod: estimates came in at $265M but it's actually at $292M! 3-Day 2nd weekend record came short only by $1M. We didn't have such an underestimation like this since Toy Story 4. Sunday pretty much on line with past Sunday!

Anyway. $969.4M and above Woody & Buzz at the same point -considering the extra two days- on its way to $1.4B

• Astonished 6

It is absolutely bonkers. 13.3M tickets sold for the Italian Bros, straight into the Top 25*. Cc: @grey ghost

All Time Movies, lc

03 1,375,619,677    Toy Story 4 (2019)
05 1,132,277,291    Coco (2017)

07    996,060,725    The Lion King (2019)

08    969,400,000    The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

09    858,082,328    Joker (2019)

All Time Movies, admissions

21    13,402,926    Despicable Me 2 (2013)

22    13,300,000    The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)
23    13,261,158    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

*Update: 13.3M were estimates, actuals went up to 13.7M!!!!

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Flamengo81 said:

Does Mario have a shot at highest grossing movie ever in Mexico? How much NWH did in pesos?

1,615,000,000, so it's a high target, Mario would need to seriously over-perform this week and then develop decent legs. I think TS4 should be the goal to beat.

Suzume OW: 10.6M lc, about $580K. The Pope's Exorcist had a good hold.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

1,615,000,000, so it's a high target, Mario would need to seriously over-perform this week and then develop decent legs. I think TS4 should be the goal to beat.

I honestly think Mario has a decent shot then, would be legendary if it did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

TS4 legs take it just over $1.4B and after weekend 2 had to deal with Far From Home and Lion King plus summer break supporting late legs. Mario doesn't have anything until Guardians 3 and late legs damaged by Fast X but neither of them is going to be as hurtful as FFH and TLK. Plus Mario WOM seems to be better and May 1st holiday is there as well.

Beating No Way Home in lc requires it to take all-time admissions record from Toy Story 4 but that one is going to be tough. 

42 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$13.6M including wednesday for Suzume. On par with expectations. I didn't expect Pope's Exorcist to pass $100M and tbh I didn't expect it to be this big compared to US.

Edited by Carlangonz

Thu - Sun  [Weekend]

1. Super Mario Bros - $292.1M / $969.4M
  2. The Pope's Exorcist - $34M / $101.4M
  3. John Wick: Chapter 4 - $16.5M/$233.7M
  4. Suzume - $13.6M [OW]
  5. Air - $8M / $32M
  6. La usurpadora - $8.9M
  7. Dungeons & Dragons - $7.1M/ $90.8M

No Dailies for Mario because they keep getting updated - Thursday number got updated to 51M. Friday was near 67M. Saturday 82M and Sunday crossed 91M~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LPLC said:

First 2B movie in Mexico is coming in less than 5 years

If you thought Universal is killing it with Mario wait until you meet Shrek 5.

Ofc we need to expect inflation because even before pandemic admissions were already peaking and today that requires 28M tickets.