Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

7 hours ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

Should be over $800M by the end of this weekend. 

Nope. 2nd weekend will be worse hit in Western markets than America. 24th and 25th are basically dead in most market.

Edit: Just realised you probably meant WW. Yeah that will also be tough but can be close.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Just now, Elessar said:

France and Korea are duking it out...

I feel like the UK is waking up, the bad press led to a muted opening and now people have actually watched it and told their mates we're picking up the pace.

UK might make #3 yet by the end of the run

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I feel like the UK is waking up, the bad press led to a muted opening and now people have actually watched it and told their mates we're picking up the pace.

UK might make #3 yet by the end of the run

Similar thing happened during the original's run. I remember people being rather disappointed by the UK opening. In the end it finished with a record gross, behind Germany and France (and China of course).

• Like 2

All the other overseas markets will prove naysayers wrong but I feel Japan will be an exception due to changes happening like aging population for example among other reasons and Corpse from WOKJ layed it out below.

>Common precedent of sequels to high performing predecessors declining.
>No novelty factor to bring in casuals. (Seeing films, any film, in 3D was a huge craze in Japan from 2010-2012 until it died.)
>No notable home video sales or TV broadcast ratings for the original. (Suggests audiences were lukewarm to it.)
>13 year wait. (Japan's demographics have changed/aged a good bit since then, pop. decline)
>Disney release. (They're really, really, really struggling in Japan.)

Edited by Psylocke

Just now, Psylocke said:

All the other overseas buckets will prove naysayers wrong but I feel Japan will be an exception due to changes happening like aging population for example?

yeah Japan is a writeoff, strange forces at play there