YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

5 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

Seems like critic sreenings are starting:

BTW. When is the actual premiere?

I assume Monday given the time of the social drop which is late that day

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They run a tight ship on review embargoes these days so I wouldn't expect much to leak out. There was actually a screening premiere already last week in Australia

Edited by AniNate

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They run a tight ship on review embargoes these days so I wouldn't expect much to leak out. There was actually a screening premiere already last week in Australia

Do you think critics are hating it and that's why review embargo is not breaking sooner - like 20% on RottenTomatoes with 4.0/10 average-level bad? If not, why is review embargo still in place?

Edited by Block-Busted

1 minute ago, Block-Busted said:

Do you think critics are hating it and that's why review embargo is not breaking sooner? If not, why is review embargo still in place?

Because Disney is doing this now

All 3 Fox releases this year dropped embargoes the day before previews, even on previews day 

All ended up with +80%. Relax, there’s probably no huge conspiracy theory behind it 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Because Disney is doing this now

All 3 Fox releases this year dropped embargoes the day before previews, even on previews day 

All ended up with +80%. Relax, there’s probably no huge conspiracy theory behind it 

Any possible reason on why Disney might be doing this for all of them? Keep in mind, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes had its social media embargo break on May 3, which is 7 days before its release date of May 10:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fjyrudgj015yc1.jpg%3Fwidth%3D1170%26format%3Dpjpg%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D398a1848842ea1fbbc6ab9a3a9d5bf6dbffaedff

Edited by Block-Busted

HOT TAKE:

People read faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *gasp* aaaaaaaaaar too much into embargo lift/review date rollouts.

Positively and negatively.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

HOT TAKE:

People read faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *gasp* aaaaaaaaaar too much into embargo lift/review date rollouts.

Positively and negatively.

In this case mainly just one person who is trying to stir the pot

I consider $80M OW to be the new $100M OW. So an 8 or higher in front of IO2's OW should be considered a win, but I just know people will overreact and start calling it a bomb if it is just 80 something.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They were really burned with the Cannes reception of Indy 5 and Elemental last year, so they're keeping everything to their chest until closer to release now.

I mean, I get that, but if screening for critics went well in Australia, I wonder why they're still holding social media embargo. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, for one, had its social media embargo breaking on at least May 3 (which is 7 dyas before its release date of May 10) based on this tweet:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fjyrudgj015yc1.jpg%3Fwidth%3D1170%26format%3Dpjpg%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3D398a1848842ea1fbbc6ab9a3a9d5bf6dbffaedff

It's starting to giving me flashbacks to that time when I predicted that Wish will end up getting 2% on RottenTomatoes. Of course, it didn't go that low, but it still ended up with 48% on RottenTomatoes with 5.6/10 average.

Edited by Block-Busted

25 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

Do you think critics are hating it and that's why review embargo is not breaking sooner - like 20% on RottenTomatoes with 4.0/10 average-level bad? If not, why is review embargo still in place?

its true we all like to attack late embargoes as attempts by the studios to hide a movie they know is bad (and that does happen), but the truth is there are also other reasons for embargoes to hold back reactions & reviews till closer to the release date and that is to maximize coverage of the movie right as the movie is about to be released and when the most number of people might be starting to plan their upcoming weekends. A studio may not want reviews to run in papers, magazines, online publications, on tiktok & youtube, etc. too early, having coverage peak too soon before the general audience is paying attention. I think theres an argument to be made that happened with Fall Guy earlier this year for instance. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

They should have let social media reactions after the show. Why hold it back so late. 

I'm starting to wonder if this film is getting hated by critics - like, on the level of 20% on RottenTomatoes with 4.0/10 average. It's giving me flashbacks to the time when I predicted tht Wish will end up with 2% on RottenTomatoes and while it didn't get THAT low, it still ended up at 48% on RottenTomatoes with 5.6/10 average.

Edited by Block-Busted

4 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

I mean, I get that, but if screening for critics went well in Australia, I wonder why they're still holding social media embargo.

Do you... 

Do you really expect a major media company to change a social media rollout date simply because they might think a singular screening for critics went well?

Again.  People read too much into these things.  

At best.  *AT BEST* there is only a weak correlation between "studio faith in product" and embargo lifts. 

They are just as often due to producer/director preference, studio preference, and even more mundane things like "corp studio is focusing on OTHER project rollouts*".

* As an aside, this is a subtle, but IMO undeniable, downside to studio concentration

This doesn't have a lift the day of release.  Nothing else really matters.

(and that doesn't matter quite as much as some folks think)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you... 

Do you really expect a major media company to change a social media rollout date simply because they might think a singular screening for critics went well?

Again.  People read too much into these things.  

At best.  *AT BEST* there is only a weak correlation between "studio faith in product" and embargo lifts. 

They are just as often due to producer/director preference, studio preference, and even more mundane things like "corp studio is focusing on OTHER project rollouts*".

* As an aside, this is a subtle, but IMO undeniable, downside to studio concentration

This doesn't have a lift the day of release.  Nothing else really matters.

(and that doesn't matter quite as much as some folks think)

I mean, Disney did that with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, did they not?