6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Bully

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I don't know but I saw this in theaters and even though the film came up with some great questions about like who is responsible for bullying, the kid or the adult?? Should the teachers be accountable or the parents?? But the movie never comes up with any solutions to try and stop bullying.

• Like 1

I don't know but I saw this in theaters and even though the film came up with some great questions about like who is responsible for bullying, the kid or the adult?? Should the teachers be accountable or the parents?? But the movie never comes up with any solutions to try and stop bullying.

Wow really? I haven't seen it but I thought that would've been 1 of the main points of the film.
  • Like 1

Just finished watching it and I am disappointed there is no solutions. It kinda just ends with tons of people talking a stand against bullying but that is not solution.  It is well made and a good watch but it could have been better if there a focus on a solution. 

5.5/10 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Yes that was my issue too. Big on words and sentiment but very slight on solutions. Even the few solutions offered were just band-aids (take the bullies off the bus, put bullied kids in a different class). That's just a temporary, specific fix but not an over-arching cure. At the same time nobody is willing to take responsibility, parents blame school officials blame parents blame the media in a never ending circle. In any case this docu did get to me quite a bit. The funeral of the 11 year old hunter boy was unbelievably sad. I was never bullied in school. Obviously there were a few instances of kids that didn't like me, or whatever, but that's something every kid deals with at some point. True bullying is when a kid has little to no friends and is consistently picked on and left out, year after year after year. Very few people truly experience that and it really must be hell. Mostly this doc made me feel guilty, because I can remember the kids like Alex ("fishface") that we all used to pick on in school, laugh at when they stumbled over a word when reading out loud, not want to get stuck with on field trips. It's like it's in our nature to be cruel. I can only imagine how bad it is these days thanks to the Internet and texting. Kids can't get away from it anymore.Well there's my rant. I gave it a B for heart but it loses points for offering no solutions. Also I feel this unfairly targets the Deep South. Yes there may tend to be more bigoted attitudes down there but the Northeast isn't immune. There was a huge case in the Boston area a couple years ago of a young girl killing herself after other girls wrote about her sex life on the Internet.

• Like 1