Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

11 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

The problem comes down to the fact that the best working directors in Hollywood don't want to make IP based films. But it's not enough for Hollywood to back down from IP. So they hire puppet filmmakers with no sense of the WOW factor that we see with Cameron or Nolan's films for example. So audiences see no difference between streaming and theater.

Gore Verbinsky had more WOW factor than all of them (maybe not the other qualities), The Monsterverse has the WOW factor, Villanueve has the WOW factor, Gareth Edawars has the WOW factor, today there are more directors with WOW factor than before (thanks to to very good vfx supervisors, previs houses, etc), more epic blockbusters than before, is just things have changed. LoTR was the epitome to a lot of people on Cinema today is The Song of Ice and Fire adaptions. 

8 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Legs are looking good overall but the numbers in and of themselves haven't changed that much. My overall estimate is only about 5-6% higher than it was a week ago. We're still looking at a mid/upper $500M DOM run, $1.23-1.33B OS-C and $140-175M from China. 

Yep but you're still talking 2bil, which many on here thought was a pipe dream.

Us 'loonies' always had the faith, and we said it.

23 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Cant believe i may actually of been LOWBALLING with my 25-30mil Christmas weekday average!.

Also nice to see a lot of you eat some humble pie after the cringy reactions to the OW and storm ravaged opening weekdays.

All they did were react to the numbers we got, which for the most part, seemed underwhelming to a lot of the lofty predictions some of you had.  Yet I don't remember anyone telling you that you were gonna 'eat some humble pie.' 

It's a great day and nobody is denying that, but it's still just a day.  One day in a run that has had a lot of ups and downs, wouldn't you say?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I remember saying 4x legs was locked, and 5x legs was well in play. Now it may well go over 5x legs, at least WW.

over x5 would mean 2.2+ bln WW. Even 4.75 would mean well over 2 bln.

Edited by Firepower

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

All they did were react to the numbers we got, which for the most part, seemed underwhelming to a lot of the lofty predictions some of you had.  Yet I don't remember anyone telling you that you were gonna 'eat some humble pie.' 

It's a great day and nobody is denying that, but it's still just a day.  One day in a run that has had a lot of ups and downs, wouldn't you say?

The OW was a bit down compared to what i expected. First week weekdays i had at $70mil, and they came to around 65mil while being storm ravaged.

Christmas weekdays i had at 100-120mil, and it looks like it could go over that.

And that as in my 2.5bil WW total prediction run.

Of cousrse there will be some ups and downs in terms of individual days, but its going prety close to what i was expecting, and probably even closer if the cold snap hadnt of happened.

Point is us loonies always said it was about legs, not massive weekends like a comic book film for example.

Just now, stuart360 said:

The OW was a bit down compared to what i expected. First week weekdays i had at $70mil, and they came to around 65mil while being storm ravaged.

Christmas weekdays i had at 100-120mil, and it looks like it could go over that.

And that as in my 2.5bil WW total prediction run.

Of cousrse there will be some ups and downs in terms of individual days, but its going prety close to what i was expecting, and probably even closer if the cold snap hadnt of happened.

Point is us loonies always said it was about legs, not massive weekends like a comic book film for example.

Except those of you who predicted $190m opening weekend....

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah nobody said Avatar fans was eating humble pie, but i can remember quite a few treating everyone that didn't buy the doomposts in their projections as lunatics, which is kinda worse. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

To be fair, mr 'official' prediction was 2.5bil. I DID say though numerous times that i could see it hitting 3bil, and even over.😎

You also said that your $2.5B prediction included 600-800M from China. So your prediction minus China was actually not that lofty at all....

star wars lack of faith GIF

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Except those of you who predicted $190m opening weekend....

Nope. My OW predicition in my 2.5bil prediction run was 150mil.

Yes i did up it to 181mil in the ow game thread, but still my 'official' predicition run where i mapped out all the days, i had it at 150mil.

I always said numerous times thta the people saying 200+mil OW were wrong.

• Like 1

Hope to not have to deal with "the scrip is bad,  movie is to long, James Cameron dont know, he needs to reduce 30 minutes or more of the movie, blah blah" people ANYMORE. I defend your right to doubt the performance (despite you full knowing this movie is on track to do well), but not the quality wich is great with Cameron Seal Of quality. Right Ozy? 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, XXR Krampus Claus said:

You also said that your $2.5B prediction included 600-800M from China. So your prediction minus China was actually well below actuals and not lofty at all....

star wars lack of faith GIF

2bil isnt lofty?, it is compared to 90% of people opn here.

You also know XXR that i also said numerous times that i could see it hitting and even going over 3bil, you replied to some of those posts.