Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I think WF can be excused because the beloved lead was gone. Entire script had to be changed and movie itself is sombre. It's disappointing because coogler delivers the goods but the movie is vastly different than what could have been (not talking about quality). Thor is disappointment no excuses there. Feels like taika wasn't serious while making the movie. DS2 has Raimi's charm but it needed to do more , it should have been longer with tight script. All MCU movies this year were disappointing BO wise.

These are my rankings:

1 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

2 Thor: Love and Thunder

3 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Am I the only one who enjoyed Love and Thunder more than Multiverse of Madness? 😅 I just can't with that movie. I laughed several times. 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think WF can be excused because the beloved lead was gone. Entire script had to be changed and movie itself is sombre. It's disappointing because coogler delivers the goods but the movie is vastly different than what could have been (not talking about quality). 

Read his ideas on what the original plan was and it sounded even worse. 

Just now, kayumanggi said:

These are my rankings:

Am I the only one who enjoyed Love and Thunder more than Multiverse of Madness? 😅 I just can't with that movie. I laughed several times. 😂

Most probably not but seeing how Ragnarok was, I expected L&T to be of same quality but it didn't live up to the hype. My ranking is same as your (1) but 2&3 swap places.

• Like 1

Just now, kayumanggi said:

These are my rankings:

Man...See I think Thor 4 is the sad case.of a director having too much creative control..I.just.cant with it brother Kayom. That version of Thor went where no hero of his caliber has gone before lol. 

Time for a new.director and writer in my opinion.

Can't believe the same fellow did Ragnarok

🤯🤯🤯

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Read his ideas on what the original plan was and it sounded even worse. 

I did but that was initial idea it would have gone through changes for final product. I mean seeing how WF ended despite all that happened I would trust them.

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think WF can be excused because the beloved lead was gone. Entire script had to be changed and movie itself is sombre. It's disappointing because coogler delivers the goods but the movie is vastly different than what could have been (not talking about quality). Thor is disappointment no excuses there. Feels like taika wasn't serious while making the movie. DS2 has Raimi's charm but it needed to do more , it should have been longer with tight script. All MCU movies this year were disappointing BO wise.

Chadwick being gone plays much more of a part in its domestic number than its overseas ones imho - BP being a more US-heavy franchise, even moreso than the Guardians, was always going to happen once the followup no longer had IW to boost its OS importance. Add to that bad reception in some key markets like SK,  and I think the OS numbers are a relatively pretty accurate picture of where BP as a franchise stands outside the US.

Just now, JustLurking said:

Chadwick being gone plays much more of a part in its domestic number than its overseas ones imho - BP being a more US-heavy franchise, even moreso than the Guardians, was always going to happen once the followup no longer had IW to boost its OS importance. Add to that bad reception in some key markets like SK,  and I think the OS numbers are a relatively pretty accurate picture of where BP as a franchise stands outside the US.

Maybe. But we don't know for certain and we never will :(