charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

Just now, Reddroast said:

They think James Cameron is the second coming of Jesus Christ and he can do no wrong. They truly believe that he will save the world with avatar. He is a good director but I can name more than 10 who have done better work on a more consistent basis then him

Jesus Christ = JC = James Cameron?!?!?!?

FYI Jim isn't the christian god or messiah, he is a god though.

• Haha 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

still no one talks about rewatchability, Jim's not so secret secret power and the reason the first Avatar is the best selling blu-ray of all time.

Lol ive talked to relatives and friends and members on the board who have seem the film and they have said the film is not as rrewatchable as the 1st.

1 minute ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

@Mulder @IronJimbo The simplest solution is for you 2 to just have an account-off. If it's closer to $870M DOM, we ban Mulder and it's it's closer to $550M DOM we ban IronJimbo! O/U is $710M. 

Lets Go Comedy GIF by CBC

Mulder can have another $8m, under over TOP GUN Maverick at $718,732,821

Also why are you putting us in the box office colosseum and making us battle to the metaphorical BOT death? That's a bit grotesque my man

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

@Mulder @IronJimbo The simplest solution is for you 2 to just have an account-off. If it's closer to $870M DOM, we ban Mulder and it's it's closer to $550M DOM we ban IronJimbo! O/U is $710M. 

Lets Go Comedy GIF by CBC

And people doubted it when we made you a mod. What a great decision 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Also why are you putting us in the box office colosseum and making us battle to the metaphorical BOT death? That's a bit grotesque my man

Cause everyone knows the REAL greatest director of all time is Ridley Scott. We just all Gladiator stans here!

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

also, he didn’t say how long the ban would be. And obviously wouldn’t be any more than like a 24 second ban

• Thanks 1

I mean, do people really think that James Cameron is the best director or something? There's certainly thing he does better than anyone else, but the best director? Come on.

7 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Lol ive talked to relatives and friends and members on the board who have seem the film and they have said the film is not as

rrewatchable as the 1st.

I'm not sure anectodal evidence is gonna get you anywhere. It's pretty evident there's a lot of people going multiple times to see this. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

And people doubted it when we made you a mod. What a great decision 😂😂😂

Cause everyone knows the REAL greatest director of all time is Ridley Scott. We just all Gladiator stans here!

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

also, he didn’t say how long the ban would be. And obviously wouldn’t be any more than like a 24 second ban

If @Mulder isn't interested in the challenge ill take it. If im wrong im wrong

1 minute ago, Dale Cooper said:

I mean, do people really think that James Cameron is the best director or something? There's certainly thing he does better than anyone else, but the best director? Come on.

I'm not sure anectodal evidence is gonna get you anywhere. It's pretty evident there's a lot of people going multiple times to see this. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Nobody think he is best director

But this is box office forum,and he is king of box office

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Mulder can have another $8m, under over TOP GUN Maverick at $718,732,821

Mean He-Man GIF

2 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Considering we are talking members with  name like jamescameeronscholar on here. Yes.

As for the second point  considering im talking to GP people for the most part and not stans who would be rewatching....

7 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

No one has eevn said any of that though. Its just we have reached the 'attack AVATAR fans and James Cameron' part of the box office run. In other words the film is doing very well and its dawning on some poeple just how big its going to be.

• Haha 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

No one has eevn said any of that though. Its just we have reached the 'attack AVATAR fans and James Cameron' part of the box office run. In other words the film is doing very well and its dawning on some poeple just how big its going to be.

This is such an insane way to look at this I don't even know what to say lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

As for the second point  considering im talking to GP people for the most part and not stans who would be rewatching....

Yes, sure, let's call everyone that rewatches it a stan and then the GP wouldn't rewatch it. Good point!

Saw Babylon today, starting out with six people. One person walked out after an hour, then a theater hopper came in but left after 10 minutes, so we were back to five people. Two hours in, I realized that a couple had also bailed, then another guy walked out at the last montage, but before the scene was over. When "The End" came onscreen, there were just two people left, with the other person standing at the exit. Haven't ever witnessed a 66 percent walkout rate before, not even with free screenings.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I mean I was mocked saying it wouldn't be as big as the 1st when I first said it back in 2020. 

• Like 1