charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In this case Avatar need some serious gain over New Year weekend to live up to the "Motion picture event of the Generation" tagline during final marketing push.

$75m 3rd weekend would be something that got me screaming and cheer.   

Even the orig AVATAR didnt get a 75mil 3rd weekend, and that film finished with 750mil.

We dont need a 75mil 3rd wekend to get a good final gross.

I swaer some of you are still living in the pre-pandemic days.

A2 so far is doing graat, espcially overseas. Its going to finish as the biggest film of the year, and probably biggest pandemic/post pandemic film yet. Under the current climate thats pretty damn amazing.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I don't get people like you who drag their own kids & wife's preferences in convo - which has nothing to do with yourself at all. 

It is an opinion and I disliked Avatar 2, on 2nd watch - more. Did I ask you or anybody else not to see it? So, What's up with a snide personal remark? 

Okay, not taken with the spirit intended - check.

(I did write a longer post, but I think is the best one right now).  Sorry if you somehow felt offended for a post that wasn't meant to be so.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, not taken with the spirit intended - check.

(I did write a longer post, but I think is the best one right now).  Sorry if you somehow felt offended for a post that wasn't meant to be so.

Miscommunication :')

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

I think we need to wait until its 4th weekend before we can make that call. If it can drop 40% or lower that weekend insane legs are in play.

we need to wait until the 10th weekend to see what's in play /s

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Even with the holidays I think if it manages ~4.5x multiplier for a $100m+ opener that is really good legs. You just aren't going to replicate once-in-a-generation legs with a sequel.

top gun maverick just got 5.6x legs off a very similar opening weekend

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Let’s see how things are going for both franchises and reassess in 3 years

next year doesn't seem really hopeful for the mcu

two 600sih movies and one 800ish but i mean after civil war nobody would've thought infinty war would do 2 billion so who knows

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Yes, and TGM had insane WOM on the level of the first Avatar. I *love* TWOW but its overall audience reception, while strong, is not as universally positive as Maverick was and there's no way to spin that. 

My path to success going into the film's release was a 2x OW relative to A1 with 1/2 the legs (5x)

We're gonna end up with 1.75x A1's OW and probably legs in the 4.25x-4.5x range. Really not bad! 

I'd love to be wrong and have the thing shoot past 700m, but I can't see it. 

Hell, it's taking me a lot to even see 600m, though I could see it based on NWH's January.

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

TGM was at $402M through 18 days. Avatwo will be around $420M. I’m calling it now that by the end of the 4th weekend; that gap will be total closed (TGM @ $466.8M end of 4th).

11 minutes ago, theghostofmarv said:

Yes, and TGM had insane WOM on the level of the first Avatar. I *love* TWOW but its overall audience reception, while strong, is not as universally positive as Maverick was and there's no way to spin that. 

My path to success going into the film's release was a 2x OW relative to A1 with 1/2 the legs (5x)

We're gonna end up with 1.75x A1's OW and probably legs in the 4.25x-4.5x range. Really not bad! 

I'd love to be wrong and have the thing shoot past 700m, but I can't see it. 

Hell, it's taking me a lot to even see 600m, though I could see it based on NWH's January.

Curious, if A2 makes more than Top Gun Marverick. What would you put that down too if not word of mouth?