charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

This has probably already been mentioned somewhere but is there a reason Friday increases for all movies on January 6 2017 were a lot softer than January 6 2012? Using Sherlock Holmes 2 for weekend drops actually seems like a good comparison even though numbers are a lot different, but it jumped 125% on Friday where Rogue One jumped only 56%. 

13 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Well, A2 isn't really doing anything new to be honest, many films have done the same with that calendar setup, just not any film of this size (small sample size, though).

Had it opened to $200m as some pundits expected it would have probably performed much closer to R1 legs wise. I guess Cameron is a better marathon runner than he is a sprinter (duh!).

Yet all this data couldn't predict an increase in the 3rd weekend and a possible increase today lol We dont know how much it will do yet, but it clearly will not drop similar to Rogue One

3 minutes ago, oenri said:

Yet all this data couldn't predict an increase in the 3rd weekend and a possible increase today lol We dont know how much it will do yet, but it clearly will not drop similar to Rogue One

Well actually the data is potentially predicting an increase today and that’s why you’re aware of it to make your snarky comments :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Well actually the data is potentially predicting an increase today and that’s why you’re aware of it to make your snarky comments :) 

I am talking about the data of predicting Avatar gross based on other movies and similar calendars. This data that you are doing to predict sales during the day is math and counting, totally different than what I am saying. Still pretty cool of course!

Edited by oenri

13 minutes ago, oenri said:

I am talking about the data of predicting Avatar gross based on other movies and similar calendars.

You do understand this is how everyone analyzes every movie. They are doing the same with Puss In Boots to project it’s weekend.  It’s not some sinister plot to constantly underestimate Our Heavenly Father James Francis Cameron  I promise. 

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, oenri said:

I am not saying they shouldnt do it, I am just saying they aren't being accurate and are underestimating James Cameron and Avatar.

So what your saying is that your opinion differs from someone else and therefore they are wrong.

Thank god you joined the forum to rectify the situation. What do you think there penalty should be? Have to read your posts constantly on loop? That sounds like a fate worse than death honestly.

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

So what your saying is that your opinion differs from someone else and therefore they are wrong.

Thank god you joined the forum to rectify the situation. What do you think there penalty should be? Have to read your posts constantly on loop? That sounds like a fate worse than death honestly.

lol I just said under 45M predictions for the Avatar weekend are off and are underestimating the movie. You are the one overreacting.

Edited by oenri

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

How do you propose they get more accurate then??

Nah maybe it is better this way, predictions underestimate Avatar then the movies surprises and looks even more powerful. I literally just said that predictions for the Avatar weekend are underestimating the movie, what is the big deal

Edited by oenri

2 minutes ago, oenri said:

Nah maybe it is better this way, predictions underestimate Avatar then the movies surprises and looks even more powerful. I literally just said that predictions for the Avatar weekend are underestimating the movie, wow.

deadline all in on that method

a 3% drop from YD gets us to 7.25m and a 6.5x multipler for the weekend which is around the midpoint of Rogue 1 and NWH gets us to a 47m weekend a floor of around $41m

Edited by GOGODanca

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

there also won't be any College Football or NFL games this Saturday which should give some boost....this will infact be the first Saturday since start of September without any NFL or College Football games

I hate to break it to you, but there will be two NFL games this Saturday. Chiefs v. Raiders and Titans v. Jaguars…

• Like 2