CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadline:

Both movies top off a weekend that’s bound to add up to around $101M for all titles, +61% from Jan. 7-9 a year ago which made $62.7M per Box Office Mojo.

Good start for 2023.

Chads use The-Numbers

Edited by Alex SciChannel

1 minute ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Plenty of 80s and 90s films. ET, Titanic on a grander scale. Also check out My Big Fat Greek Wedding. 

Thanks for the answer, i should say a movie in the 21st Century, of course in the 80´s the thing was different, and also Knew about NBFGW, i was curious about another movie apart this in the 21 st Century, but anyway thanks.

Deadline Hollywood

Some may say M3GAN is like Chucky or Annabelle, another serial killing doll. Oh, no, she’s totally different and Universal sold that tonally she was ripe for a Gen Z and millennial crowd with her deadpan and posh attitude. The 18-34 crowd came out at 62%. Though led by guys over 25 at 28%, women weren’t far behind at 27% over 25 and 26% under 25. Men under 25 attended at 19%. Women at 53% gave the film an overall 72% on PostTrak. Also indicative of that demo, 20% came to the movie with 2 to 4 friends. Diversity demos were 38% Caucasian, 27% Hispanic or Latino, 21% Black and 7% Asian, a very good swath.

15 minutes ago, setna said:

I´m seeing now the run of TGS and i´m remembering that made more money in its 6th weekend than first, really amazing. 
Anyone knows another move that did something like this?

... Besides Titanic?

But in the modern age (last 15 years), its really an unprecedented run that doesn't get enough attention because it didn't break any records along the way

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, setna said:

Thanks for the answer, i should say a movie in the 21st Century, of course in the 80´s the thing was different, and also Knew about NBFGW, i was curious about another movie apart this in the 21 st Century, but anyway thanks.

Don't think there's another example in 21st century, atleast for wide releases anyway. The Greatest Showman's legs were an anomaly for the modern era.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

... Besides Titanic?

But in the modern age (last 15 years), its really an unprecedented run that doesn't get enough attention because it didn't break any records along the way

Biggest second weekend increase ever is a big enough record I'll say. All other records... only to satisfy the nerds within us.

15 minutes ago, ando said:

Praying for a $19M Saturday, please.

(Though I'll be content with $18M)

Needs a +58% bump for $18m SAT. Definitely possible, but not going to be that easy for the reasons @M37 alluded to earlier on the page. $19m would be awesome but with the big playoff games, I'm erring on high-17s, low 18s.

22 minutes ago, M37 said:

The viewership of two standalone regular seasons games - one even being a defacto playoff game - is about half of the 30M the two Sat WC games got last year (there’s a reason the NFL stuck the Titans-Jags on Saturday rather than Sun night)

Yeah, there’s some audience loss, but it’s like 20/80 for Sat/Sun rather than closer to 50/50, the latter helps to flatten the curve from Fri-Sun

The KC v. Raiders game will have much larger implications for the first round bye. The way the general public rallied around Hamlin after the events of Monday night may lead to more interest in this game than a typical standalone game since the outcome directly affects his team. 

Again, not saying it would be a big impact, but it’s definitely going to be a little more than normal. 

• Like 1