CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

Gooooood. 460 million budget plus 200 million Marketing means 660 total budget. 

Average studio take is 50% Domestic, 40 percent international (without China) plus 25% China.  50+40+25=115÷3= 38.3% The studio takes worldwide.

So Avatar 1724 x 38% means 660.2 million. 

Wich means Avatar 2 Breaks even ~today with Box Office Alone, the rest is just winning money with no debt from tomorrow onwards. 

Repeat Avatar 2 Breaks Even possibly today rest is winning.Pay Me Set It Off GIF by filmeditor

6497d6f21d524c87b801f1a31e2ce576a2518479giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95286e7440b7a7e2cdc8bavatar_jarpasmannen_finished.gif

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

We are getting number from 4 or 5 sources now. We get them early and there is some theatre involved but the forum is much better for all of it. I hope it continues.

Of course I hope it continues and of course I am very thankful we get access to those numbers due to those posters investing their time providing them. But it just sucks the way it's delivered. Hint dropped. Waiting for clarification. Why do we have to "work" for it? There's no need for those games that do nothing but steal time waiting. 

But thaat's just my view on that neverending topic. 

I said it before: This is a Box Office Forum, we discuss numbers. It's not about worshipping the providers. At least it shouldn't be. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah hints and jokes are fun and all but the game of trying to read the tea leaves for an hour to get an idea of what the number thats being alluded to is can overstay its welcome if it goes on for a bit too long or for almost every day for a title. At least for non terribly active users that come to this forum to get a quick idea of where things are regarding a movie they are invested in or where are they heading towards

1 minute ago, Gkalaitza said:

Yeah hints and jokes are fun and all but the game of trying to read the tea leaves for an hour to get an idea of what the number thats being alluded to is can overstay its welcome if it goes on for a bit too long or for almost every day for a title. At least for non terribly active users that come to this forum to get a quick idea of where things are regarding a movie they are invested in or where are they heading towards

They are probably trolling lol

Edited by oenri

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Of course I hope it continues and of course I am very thankful we get access to those numbers due to those posters investing their time providing them. But it just sucks the way it's delivered. Hint dropped. Waiting for clarification. Why do we have to "work" for it? There's no need for those games that do nothing but steal time waiting. 

I said it before: This is a Box Office Forum, we discuss numbers. It's not about worshipping the providers. At least it shouldn't be. 

No one is asking you to "worship" anyone and you aren't working for it either. You aren't owed numbers. We can have fun with this. It's not that serious. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Well speaking for myself I quite enjoy a bit of banter around the numbers. its not the numbers at the end of the day and all locked in. Its early estimates and people newer to interpreting the numbers and comps. So I feel its ok to say its heading in a certain direction and a vibe rather than a hard number at the end of the day.

Anyway it takes time and energy to do it all so if thats how they want to present it then thats ok with me. EC used to give numbers and that was great but there was way to much baggage. This is a whole lot better than that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gkalaitza said:

That's the point. If you're unlucky, you get 10 pages of fan-wars or random discussions between hint and number. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, oenri said:

They are probably trolling lol

Maybe but since they have done both in these threads (that is trolling a bit and providing actual hints and winks towards what the numbers say) and since they have the insights and possible updates that a bunch people are coming to this site or threads for you are inclined to take everything they say seriously and try to figure out what they are implying. 

Edited by Gkalaitza

If we would only and purely talk about the numbers then every weekend thread would have under 20 pages.

The Numbers i. e. the box office itself is ofc the heart and center of this forum, but i dont think im wrong when i say this is also a place to discuss other movie-related topcis besides the numbers. A good bit of fun is always needed and appreciated imo, because only looking at numbers ... frankly, that could get boring.

Movies itself are meant to be fun and to entertain - why should a forum dedicated to movies be different?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Is this some viral disease with people sharing numbers and starting to play the cryptic game?

It started so well with @XXR the Conqueror, but seems the good times are over here as well. 

The fun part is discussing the possibilities, we should be grateful we have like 5-6 people feeding us with numbers 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

That's the point. If you're unlucky, you get 10 pages of fan-wars or random discussions between hint and number. 

Then do what i did when the discussions are annoying me, i didn't enter the threads the whole day and only appear very late to have the actual number 

Way easier and respectful than complain about people spending their times tracking it for the forum 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

No one is asking you to "worship" anyone and you aren't working for it either. You aren't owed numbers. We can have fun with this. It's not that serious. 

No, we aren't owed anything. But maybe you can relate to it putting it this way: What I'm here for is numbers. I guess that's what this page is about. You could have them easy, but you don't get it. It's just a shitty feeling if you're not into those games. 

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If we would only and purely talk about the numbers then every weekend thread would have under 20 pages.

No matter if one enjoys the hint game thing or not these threads would have had huge page count and be lively either way. 95% of posts in them have little to do with the hint game and reactions to it so some people saying they are kinda turned off by that particular thing doesnt mean wanting any meaningful shift towards sterile numbers thread and less engagement or fun 

Edited by Gkalaitza