CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

23 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

will ant-man keep the imaxes after it ow? where will they go after ant-man ow and before shazam?

seems like shazam wont come out in imax, so one more week if it regains them, but creed 3 will

I would assume Ant Man would keep them since it’s the newer release and will probably sell more tickets. Although I could see some theaters that have multiple PLF screens splitting them between the two. One of my local AMCs has four PLF screens. Until last Friday, they were all showing Avatar. Now one of them is showing Megan. It will be interesting to see if any of the other new releases between now and Ant Man steel some of the PLF screens away…

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

will ant-man keep the imaxes after it ow? where will they go after ant-man ow and before shazam?

seems like shazam wont come out in imax, so one more week if it regains them, but creed 3 will

I don’t know if Creed is an IMAX release, but it will almost definitely beat Ant Man’s 3rd weekend 

19 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

No more of those numbers until Quantumania OW. At this point the dailies are small and the chain ratio is varying a lot every day anyway.

darn

not even on weekends?

did all of the guys who have access to chain data agree to that?

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

darn

not even on weekends?

did all of the guys who have access to chain data agree to that?

We collectively discussed it for this chain (the one which XXR, me, and Legion have been looking at). The main considerations were that we wanted to cut back in the volume of scraping for a while to not overdo it and get blocked, as well as the fact that the errors had been getting steadily larger as the dailies had dropped. It had always been the plan to pull back during leaner periods.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

We collectively discussed it for this chain (the one which XXR, me, and Legion have been looking at). The main considerations were that we wanted to cut back in the volume of scraping for a while to not overdo it and get blocked, as well as the fact that the errors had been getting steadily larger as the dailies had dropped. It had always been the plan to pull back during leaner periods.

Understandable.

Well... it was great while it lasted.

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

keyerzone123 is from a different chain right?

and the comscore guys (empirecity and CharJat) dont get numbers till after 11 central time right?

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

keyerzone123 is from a different chain right?

and the comscore guys (empirecity and CharJat) dont get numbers till after 11 central time right?

Yes to the first question. The second can vary, though it does tend to be later. But the Comscore numbers will keep coming as always, these aren't related to that. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

Yes to the first question. The second can vary, though it does tend to be later. 

so 12 central time as a baseline?

thats a bit late for me

1 minute ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

@Menor Reborn is lying. We decided you all were no longer worthy of numbers. You didn’t worship us enough. Consider this a valuable lesson. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This isn't exactly wrong hahah

The rude complains about the work you're all been doing for free is a good reason to feel it's not worthy to keep dealing with it  

To me at least 

• Like 3

that method of getting numbers was a lot of fun, so were the hints and the misdirections, and it mixed so well with an exiting run like avatars

unless it somehow flops I dont expect quantumania to be much fun, hopefully this isnt the last big fun run to come in the near future

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

I think they deserve some time off just to chill.

Deserves GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

just kidding, after all the fun they provided I have no room to complain

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Too bad Ant Man and Shazam didn’t switch spots. Would have really been no comp in Jan or Feb for A2. Latter guaranteed to do meh at best no matter when it releases, and I’d think Disney would have preferred the March slot for AM. Closer to spring break. 

Speaking of Shazam, do people still think shouldn't have flee from Avatar 2?