Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

7 minutes ago, YM! said:

With the same holds as Sing, the weekend would be flat this weekend too 👀

The weekend increases aren't on Sing level though. Friday doesn't increase more than 200%. Something around a 175% Friday increase. 100% Saturday increase. And a 30-35% Sunday decrease. So $9.54M is my weekend prediction as of now

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

Finally saw M3GAN and it was very good imo! Less silly and campy than i expected and certainly not a horror movie, but a very entertaining and funny sci-fi-thriller. Im happy for its success.

Also @Alex SciChannel i convinced 7 of my university friends that we will all go see Puss in Boots next week. Im doing my part here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, M37 said:

May not be the appropriate place to post this, but figured more eyeballs wandering in here than anywhere else right now 

A few high profile names on this list, including Union Square 

My local Regal survived the cut again, and I’m honestly surprised no better than it’s kept up. I don’t go there often unless the showtimes are more convenient, but I really don’t want to see it close. Maybe I’ll have to make it more of a priority it support it. 

Poor day for A2. Dropped 33% opposed to JW's 21%. It is expected to cut the deficit a lot over the weekend, however. No question it will rebound, but it won't be a walk in the jurassic park.

JURAWATER SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS JURASSIC WORLD

DAY 34: (WEDNESDAY) AVATAR 1.86m

DAY 34: (WEDNESDAY) JURASSIC WORLD 2.2m

WATER TEMP: COLD (-0.34m)

CUME: AVATAR 576.32m  VS  JW 597.83m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 21.51m

WATER FLOW: 645m

Edited by The Dark Alfred

2 hours ago, M37 said:

May not be the appropriate place to post this, but figured more eyeballs wandering in here than anywhere else right now 

A few high profile names on this list, including Union Square 

This is a tough one for me. One of my local Regals is one of the ones listed. It was the one I always went to as a kid. I do understand why, because the place clearly hasn't been renovated since 2010, but it's still sad to see.

• Sad 3

PiB is starting to become an internet meme which could fuel interest beyond kids and families (almost the same way that Minions was one last summer). But this feels different, the "meme" is that the movie is just genuinely really good and people should actually go see it (it's basically the anti-Morbius).

For example, a comment on an Instagram post that I saw that made a joke about PiB being a "big brain movie" said "no guys, this isn't a Morbius or Minions situation. Everyone is saying the movie is actually GOATed, you should watch it." The comment itself had like 45k likes. 

• Like 2

Avatar gonna doing 597-598m this weekend,for comp,NWH doing 720m same time

NWH have $84m left,and Avatar need $120m to beating Top Gun :Maverick

that's about 1.42 X what NWH left,if we keep going 1.4 X NWH EVERYDAY,then we will do that,and we already do that till now,the problem is ,can we keep this run after Antman 3 arrive?

Edited by Sophia Jane

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

PiB is starting to become an internet meme which could fuel interest beyond kids and families (almost the same way that Minions was one last summer). But this feels different, the "meme" is that the movie is just genuinely really good and people should actually go see it (it's basically the anti-Morbius).

For example, a comment on an Instagram post that I saw that made a joke about PiB being a "big brain movie" said "no guys, this isn't a Morbius or Minions situation. Everyone is saying the movie is actually GOATed, you should watch it." The comment itself had like 45k likes. 

You gosh damn right it's GOATED as Fuck!

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We have now arguably 2 or 3 generations of kids/teens who grew up in the Internet age and are used for movie discussions there. I really woudnt underestimate in this context the power of YouTube; Puss in Boots has a TON of video essays up there which are all praising the film. Guys like YourMovieSucks with over 1,1M subs gave it praise and Schaffrilas Productions (1,65M subs) did as well, as did the main big YouTube reviewers (Stuckmann, Jahns and Co.).

10 years ago these videos probably woundt have had a (big) impact, but were living in another Internet/YouTube ago now.

17 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Avatar gonna doing 597-598m this weekend,for comp,NWH doing 720m same time

NWH have $84m left,and Avatar need $120m to beating Top Gun :Maverick

that's about 1.42 X what NWH left,if we keep going 1.4 X NWH EVERYDAY,then we will do that,and we already do that till now,the problem is ,can we keep this run after Antman 3 arrive?

Yeah this is the same comp I'm looking at, it's remarkable how close A2 has been to 140% NWH since the holiday period ended. Unfortunately I don't think it will be able to keep up with it once Titanic and Antman eat away at its PLFs. The only path I can see for it to beat TGM now is if it can continue with 140% NWH on weekdays and then try for 160-180% on weekends to build up a bit of a lead, lose its PLFs but then get them back after a few weeks once Antman drops hard like most Marvel films do, and then continue to outperform NWH. It seems very unlikely though..

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Yeah this is the same comp I'm looking at, it's remarkable how close A2 has been to 140% NWH since the holiday period ended. Unfortunately I don't think it will be able to keep up with it once Titanic and Antman eat away at its PLFs. The only path I can see for it to beat TGM now is if it can continue with 140% NWH on weekdays and then try for 160-180% on weekends to build up a bit of a lead, lose its PLFs but then get them back after a few weeks once Antman drops hard like most Marvel films do, and then continue to outperform NWH. It seems very unlikely though..

That Grace Randolph keeps saying that 'A knock at the Cabin' is going to take most of A2's PLF screens, and that releases on Feb 3rd.

If true i'd say JW is the realistic target, not TGM.😒

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

That Grace Randolph keeps saying that 'A knock at the Cabin' is going to take most of A2's PLF screens, and that releases on Feb 3rd.

If true i'd say JW is the realistic target, not TGM.😒

I think JW should be nearly locked at this point. Even if it falls back to 100% NWH dailies that would still be enough to get it to 675m. Aim for Infinity War and then 700m and Black Panther and see where we go from there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I think JW should be nearly locked at this point. Even if it falls back to 100% NWH dailies that would still be enough to get it to 675m. Aim for Infinity War and then 700m and Black Panther and see where we go from there.

I do feel JW is pretty much locked at this point, but i was thinking 700mil was still well in play as i was thinking AntMan was going to be the first film to take most of the PLF screens (i know Titanic is before but no one seems to know if its a wide release or a more limited release).