Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

22 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Unless it has very soft drops Wednesday and Thursday, it would need like a 160% jump on Friday and 110% jump on Saturday to get to $22m. I was trying to be realistic!

Those jumps are pretty realistic.

• Like 5

From Thursday’s number, my guess for the rest of the week is:

Wednesday $2.1

Thursday $1.9

Early weekend guess:

Friday $4.3

Sat $9.5

Sun $6.5 ($20.3 weekend total)

If that holds, TGM will shave between $9 & 10 million off of Avatar’s lead before Monday. (The corresponding Monday for TGM is inflated as it was July 4th.)

Jan 6 jump was 67.2%

Jan 7 jump was 81.1%

Jan 13 jump was 136.8%

Jan 14 jump was 99.5%

I don't think 160% jump on fri and 110% jump on saturday are unrealistic, just a 35% drop from last weekend would get it 21.3m

and its last non holiday weekend drop was just 32% which doesn't seem unrealistic either, of course you could be right but a 40% drop seems quite steep for a movie that holds superbly on weekends and has nothing to take away screens 

NWH jumped 162% and 87% on the same Friday and Saturday last year and A2 has been following it pretty closely and even stronger on the weekends, which makes sense because the longer run time pushes more people into Saturday than any other day.

Since the end of the holidays it has been pretty consistently outperforming NWHs dailies by ~40-70% with a median of 55%. Taking that 55% and applying it to NWHs 6th weekend of $14m gives $21.7m which sounds bang on the money to me.

I'm guessing something like 1.9 Wed, 1.9 Thu, 5.0 Fri (+163%), 10.5 Sat (+110%), 6.2 Sun (-41%).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

NWH jumped 162% and 87% on the same Friday and Saturday last year and A2 has been following it pretty closely and even stronger on the weekends, which makes sense because the longer run time pushes more people into Saturday than any other day.

Since the end of the holidays it has been pretty consistently outperforming NWHs dailies by ~40-70% with a median of 55%. Taking that 55% and applying it to NWHs 6th weekend of $14m gives $21.7m which sounds bang on the money to me.

I'm guessing something like 1.9 Wed, 1.9 Thu, 5.0 Fri (+163%), 10.5 Sat (+110%), 6.2 Sun (-41%).

The sat and sun is way too high

5 minutes ago, todos said:

But is anything ever not awful, gross, impossible and ‘too high’ for you. Jeez Lol 

Do I give you this feeling?This is your impression of me?oh there must be some mistakes,I’m not IronJimbo,my friend

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

The sat and sun is way too high

Sat and Sun are the only days available for most people now to see it because it's too long to watch during the late showing on a weekday, so I'm expecting big numbers on those days. Once again there is no new competition for Avatar this weekend so it's gonna play out like last weekend again with Saturday taking a lions share of the money. The Friday number could be lower since it is still mostly a working day but I'm standing by my 10m+ Saturday and 6m+ Sunday.

Just now, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Sat and Sun are the only days available for most people now to see it because it's too long to watch during the late showing on a weekday, so I'm expecting big numbers on those days. Once again there is no new competition for Avatar this weekend so it's gonna play out like last weekend again with Saturday taking a lions share of the money. The Friday number could be lower since it is still mostly a working day but I'm standing by my 10m+ Saturday and 6m+ Sunday.

Well that’s make sense…but your user name….

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Wtf Puss in Boots? 73% drop!?

I mean if your only data point was this tues daily you’d be pretty confident in 5th weekend>OW what more do you want :ph34r:

Spoiler

Cuz what I want, personally, is 5th>3rd 😤

Edited by Favorite Fearless Legion
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, todos said:

But is anything ever not awful, gross, impossible and ‘too high’ for you. Jeez Lol 

A bit rich coming from you who just joined and have made every post about Avatar 2 and its box office and how everyone else is wrong but you about it. 

• Like 2