Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

5 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Off of that Tuesday, and the good Fri/Sat jumps Ava2ar's been having, I think we're realistically looking at a $17-19m 6th weekend. Could challenge Black Panther's 6th weekend for 6th place. But don't quote me on that.

Anything above a 40% drop on the weekend would be a disaster, if anything it should be more like 22m

19 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

A2 looks to overflow Jedi and Avengers and enter all time domestic top 10. But can it catch the dinos? New showdown.

Their 33rd day was nearly identical. JW has a 21m lead, but had a much worse 5th weeeknd. It has the benefit of summer weekdays though. Should be a fun one this.

JURAWATER SHOWDOWN  - AVATAR 2 VS JURASSIC WORLD

DAY 33: (TUESDAY) AVATAR 2.8m

DAY 33: (TUESDAY) JURASSIC WORLD 2.78m

WATER TEMP: HOT (+0.22m)

CUME: AVATAR 574.48m  VS  JW 595.62m

SEA LEVEL: MINUS 21.14m

WATER FLOW: 647m

Dinos will be terminated by a new asteroid, allegedly named Jimbo.

24 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Honestly, reading the weekday threads for Avatar's becoming ridiculously tedious. Same song and dance regarding doom on Monday through Thursday followed by great jumps (Recovery) on Friday/Saturday. 

most doom and gloom you will ever see for what is likely a top 3 grosser of all time when its run is over

PiB may be more profitable than the first film when all is said and done. About $50m cheaper and going to have a significantly higher DOM take of the pie, which helps. I’m sure they also spent way more on marketing the original film back in the day than this one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

Anything above a 40% drop on the weekend would be a disaster, if anything it should be more like 22m

Unless it has very soft drops Wednesday and Thursday, it would need like a 160% jump on Friday and 110% jump on Saturday to get to $22m. I was trying to be realistic!

4 hours ago, Agafin said:

Is AWoW going to be the first movie to have six weekends at #1 since the first Avatar?

3 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Yep unless 'Missing' breaks out. Its the only new film this week.

Tracking will be interesting.

NWH has 6 weekends at #1 as well. 

• Like 2