Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

2.04bil for me. It should be around a 20mil domestic and 60mil international weekend.

Infinity War gone by Monday or Tuesday, and TFA gone by next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I was expecting 2.03B by Sun,but seems not doable,$2.01B max

So the range is $2.01B - $2.04B then. 

1 minute ago, Sophia Jane said:

I was expecting 2.03B by Sun,but seems not doable,$2.01B max

What?.

The film is at 1.93 aftr Tuesday. Add in 25mil for global Wednesday and Thursday = 1.95, and domestic weekend will be 20+ and international weekedn will be 60+.

2.035-2.04bil by the end of the weekend.

• Like 3

Now that holidays are absolutely not a thing anymore, we can analyze weekdays with more clarity (a bit boring I'd say considering there isn't much room for surprises anymore). Thinking Puss will have enough of a Fri/Sat bump to offset the holiday boosted Sunday advantage of last week and end up with 10.5M+ (<-26%). Avatar, I'd wager 20.5M+ (off of a 1.85M Thursday, give or take).

Edited by Tokugennumataka
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

It's the same drop % wise as NWH had on same Tuesday from previous Tuesday and much better than last week when it was dipping 57% for tuesday

The force awakens dropped 38.3% and NWH dropped 40.8% on same day so with actuals might beat both and that's good considering the run time

It held far better on its 5th weekend so dropping similar to NWH now isn't that good. But as already said, it's a weekend movie.

56 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Wtf Puss in Boots? 73% drop!?

You do realize that on Monday it only dropped 16% compared most movies dropping high 20s to lows 30s with some dropping 40 so 73% is perfectly fine for Tuesday.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

Just now, Agafin said:

It held far better on its 5th weekend so dropping similar to NWH now isn't that good. But as already said, it's a weekend movie.

yeah even previous weekend it held much better than nwh did but weekdays had worse holds by a lot so if it can stabilize to same weekday holds as nwh/tfa and then play like it does on weekends then would make 700m much more possible

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

What?.

The film is at 1.93 aftr Tuesday. Add in 25mil for global Wednesday and Thursday = 1.95, and domestic weekend will be 20+ and international weekedn will be 60+.

2.035-2.04bil by the end of the weekend.

China got Spring Festival on Sunday,that’s the lost of 5m for Avatar 2

and Saturday is like some Christmas eve in China

11 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

China got Spring Festival on Sunday,that’s the lost of 5m for Avatar 2

and Saturday is like some Christmas eve in China

Even if China grossed zero this weekend, we would still be talking somehwere around 2.025-2.03bil by the end of the weekend.

China 'only' grossed 12mil out of the 93mil international weekend this weekend.

I swear some poeple are thinking China is making up 50% of A2's international gross or something.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1