kayumanggi

THE LITTLE MERMAID | 271.5M overseas | 569.6M worldwide

18 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

So this is running way behind Aladdin (in most cases even behind Maleficent and Dumbo) in every market except Brazil(we don't have clear data on what's happening there) and France right?

The first day in Uk is 1.6M pounds, is that acceptable? I can't find exact datas on Aladdin but it seems much lower...

Nope. Aladdin opened with a 5 day, but none of its first 3 days were bigger than The Little Mermaid. TLM could get to Aladdin’s £7.06m 5 day with only 3 days.

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Nope. Aladdin opened with a 5 day, but none of its first 3 days were bigger than The Little Mermaid. TLM could get to Aladdin’s £7.06m 5 day with only 3 days.

Oh ok I guess the anglo world really is the saving grace for this movie. USA+ UK + AUS should be higher than Aladdin, while elsewhere it flops. France might be an exception but Aladdin's opening was dismal there so it's not really a good ground to work on.

EDIT:

https://www.screendaily.com/news/aladdin-wins-uk-box-office-battle-with-57m-weekend/5139938.article

I've found this article.

Aladdin's 3 day fri-sun gross was £5.7m. How big of a Jump is expected for TLM Sat-Sun? if it stays flat and does Friday X 3 it ends up at £4.7m.

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire

18 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

Oh ok I guess the anglo world really is the saving grace for this movie. USA+ UK + AUS should be higher than Aladdin, while elsewhere it flops. France might be an exception but Aladdin's opening was dismal there so it's not really a good ground to work on.

EDIT:

https://www.screendaily.com/news/aladdin-wins-uk-box-office-battle-with-57m-weekend/5139938.article

I've found this article.

Aladdin's 3 day fri-sun gross was £5.7m. How big of a Jump is expected for TLM Sat-Sun? if it stays flat and does Friday X 3 it ends up at £4.7m.

It won’t stay flat though, Aladdin got that £5.7m from a £1.2m Friday. A 4.75x. Most of the other Disney remakes have a similar big multiplier. 

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It won’t stay flat though, Aladdin got that £5.7m from a £1.2m Friday. A 4.75x. Most of the other Disney remakes have a similar big multiplier. 

Yes but that had 2 days of previews already, while I guess the front loaded effect will affect friday here since it is the opening day. We shall see but I don't see it surpassing Aladdin. 

16 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

Yes but that had 2 days of previews already, while I guess the front loaded effect will affect friday here since it is the opening day. We shall see but I don't see it surpassing Aladdin. 

Monday is a school holiday, so Sunday is likely to be very good. 

We’ll see ;) 

1 hour ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

So this is running way behind Aladdin (in most cases even behind Maleficent and Dumbo) in every market except Brazil(we don't have clear data on what's happening there) and France right?

The first day in Uk is 1.6M pounds, is that acceptable? I can't find exact datas on Aladdin but it seems much lower...

The Black and LGBTQIA+ crowd embraced the film, also Brazil is a heavily family friendly moviegoing audience. Also it’s worth to point out that as someone that has been around other South American countries and the US, I’d argue that the situation when it comes to racism is a lot more similar to the US than the other South American countries. Meaning, yes there is a lot of racism in Brazil just like in the US, but there’s an actual left leaning movement pushing back against that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The global start is definitely underwhelming. Don't expect spectacular legs either. Maybe, just maybe one day Disney will focus on the quality.

TLM almost has the highest RT score of all the Disney Renaissance remakes.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How many of those were review bombed?

You need to buy tickets to rate in these countries mentioned above 🤔

I am aware of reviews Bombing in multiple countries but Press/Critics themselves has given a clear cut that it not really that great/good. 

Example - France Press Ratings are at 2.5 Italy one I have posted on the main thread ~

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

You need to buy tickets to rate in these countries mentioned above 🤔

I am aware of reviews Bombing in multiple countries but Press/Critics themselves has given a clear cut that it not really that great/good. 

Example - France Press Ratings are at 2.5 Italy one I have posted on the main thread ~

Does French Press usually align with audiences for the remakes ? 

Doesn't in the US.