GOGODanca

Weekday Thread (2/21-2/23)

Surprisingly stayed flat, decent number in a vacuum, but Wednesday was so bad that I'm not even sure if this helps at all. What are we predicting for 2nd weekend? Any early signs based on afternoon East Coast and early West Coast shows?

Edited by Dragoncaine

51 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So apparently r/boxoffice thinks Antman's legs are falling apart because "no one cares about Kang"

I mean I do think that was kind of a problem with the movie's appeal. Even if it had good reviews, the main hook of these trailers being Kang wasn't the slam dunk you would think it would be. Like I know it makes sense to push the new Thanos and sell that to people, but only the hardcore fans know he's the new Thanos, and his only other appearance until now was in one episode of Loki. So if you're just a casual fan of Marvel who sees a movie of theirs once in a while, and you're seeing this new bad guy that you have no context of, why should that make you care and check out the movie? Especially when there's nothing else in the film getting advertised or sold in the same way?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Maybe one or two big grains of salt with these, but usual early Fri industry source:

CB 8.1

Quant 7.8

JR 6.7

Wait, what? $6.7M for JESUS REVOLUTION? That's the predicted weekend number. 😅

Also, maybe $18M for COCAINE BEAR and $36M - $37M for QUANTUMANIA?

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Wait, what? $6.7M for JESUS REVOLUTION? That's the predicted weekend number. 😅

Also, maybe $18M for COCAINE BEAR and $36M - $37M for QUANTUMANIA?

It's a Lenten Friday for Jesus Revolution - I foresee this movie doing well on Fridays and Sundays...and possibly hanging around for most of Lent with its 99% audience rating...at least in the heartland...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Maybe one or two big grains of salt with these, but usual early Fri industry source:

CB 8.1

Quant 7.8

JR 6.7

I dont know how to read that JR number with the previews and how it will leg it out on the weekend. But for CB if it remains flat on Saturday (from the 8.1 of Friday plus previews) and a 40% drop for Sunday gives around 21M which would be fantastic.

For Quant that seems about a 28-30. Some room to go up to 32-35 when the lowball number comes in higher.  

3 hours ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

And to think that MCU wants this Kang clown to be a threat for Phrase 5. Dude convienantly forgot he had force chokes just so he can throwdown with Scott.

His suit and tech were trashed dude....

• Like 2

Cocaine Bear is looking at a 18-21M OW which is pretty good.

Ant Man did just enough where sub 30M won’t happen but not a good drop nonetheless. With a typical night surge to 8.5-9m, should do 33m for the weekend.

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Cocaine Bear is looking at a 18-21M OW which is pretty good.

Ant Man did just enough where sub 30M won’t happen but not a good drop nonetheless. With a typical night surge to 8.5-9m, should do 33m for the weekend.

That would be a 69 percent drop right? Doesn't sound nice.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81

11 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

That would be a 69 percent drop right? Doesn't sound nice.

It's not nice but it's close enough to the drops for Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder that it's not surprising. Feels pretty typical, with reviews and WoM accounting for the extra couple percentage points (67 vs 69%).

1 minute ago, Eric Bear said:

Guys, 69% is the nicest drop you could ever hope for.

why should we hope for a nice drop,i hope it drops awfully so mcu can take a look at themselves and change things starting with writer for kang dynasty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1