GOGODanca

3/3 - 3/5 Weekend Thread | Creed III gets the biggest franchise opening and MGM opening ever with 58.7M. #AintMan drops 61% for 12.5M. Jonathan Majors still getting paid fat stacks

17 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

I think New World Order is gonna tell a lot about the future because it’s been designed as an Avengers 2.0 film like CW and it looks like they will go really big with that one putting in the mix two huge characters with great potential.

NWO won't be Avengers 2.0. Feige said that the Avengers as a group don't exist during the events of the NWO. So don't expect any major Avengers characters in NWO. Also, KD's writer said that the Avengers are scattered now and will assemble in KD.

Edited by Willowra

13 minutes ago, Willowra said:

NWO won't be Avengers 2.0. Feige said that the Avengers as a group don't exist during the events of the NWO. So don't expect any major Avengers characters in NWO. Also, KD's writer said that the Avengers are scattered now and will assemble in KD.

It’s gonna be an ensemble movie, like Avengers. They know Mackie can’t carrie a solo movie alone.

Edited by Mr Roark

50 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess it's time CBMs are going down. Last time it was a brief moment in the mid-2010s, but MCU up its game in Phase 3. Seems a bit too late this time.

Like Avatar 3 will sink like the Titanic because people disliked TWOW, like u predicted?

I’m not buying that. The MCU just needs to make good pictures again. Obviously they don’t have China anymore to push OS like it was before.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

There were shows for this movie in my city around Jan-Feb here in India for some reason , i dont think it was released anywhere else that early..

Here in Turkey we got this back in January. Not a lot of people went to see it though.

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

It will be an ensemble of Sabra, Isaiah Bradley, and other less popular characters.

We are telling the same thing with different words. Don’t forget Ford in a pivotal character and a huge villain.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess it's time CBMs are going down. Last time it was a brief moment in the mid-2010s, but MCU up its game in Phase 3. Seems a bit too late this time.

The billion dollar lineup for last year being devoid of any comic book tentpoles is still surreal to me. But I guess Marvel swinging and missing gave the competition an advantage. I still think audiences getting a taste of high-caliber cinema like Avatar 2, Top Gun 2 and Puss in Boots 2 is contributing to Marvel's diminishing returns as of late.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

We are telling the same thing with different words. Don’t forget Ford in a pivotal character and a huge villain.

No, we aren't telling the same thing. NWO won't be a Civil War or Avengers 2.0 movie because it won't have other big Avengers characters. It is just another MCU solo movie. We can expect She-Hulk, though, because Red Hulk will appear.

Edited by Willowra

1 hour ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Eh, looks like 2022-2026 or so will be a weak period. Will need to see saga 3 and new DCU fail before declaring CBMs really down rather than just ebb and flow

I suppose, if Saga 3 make a come back, that will be a come back, not continuity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Like Avatar 3 will sink like the Titanic because people disliked TWOW, like u predicted?

I’m not buying that. The MCU just needs to make good pictures again. Obviously they don’t have China anymore to push OS like it was before.

LMAO. When did I said any of first.

TWOW WOM is obviously great. I think A3 will drop of TWOW but that isn't called sinking, its pretty much standard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The billion dollar lineup for last year being devoid of any comic book tentpoles is still surreal to me. But I guess Marvel swinging and missing gave the competition an advantage. I still think audiences getting a taste of high-caliber cinema like Avatar 2, Top Gun 2 and Puss in Boots 2 is contributing to Marvel's diminishing returns as of late.

Dude, we get it. You say this every week.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

The Thanos saga was lightning in a bottle, built on the backs of RDJ and Chris Evans, who melt into their characters, became one with them and elevated the material. Add to that the novelty of the MCU, some amazing movies like the Winter Soldier, who gave immense credit to the brand and some inspired directors like the Russo brothers and you have an Infinity War and an Endgame in your hands. 

There is no way the MCU can reach these heights again, there is noone to carry it. Who's the ''popular'' character among the new Avengers? She- Hulk? Moon Knight? A big boost will be given with the cameo feast that is going to be Avengers Secret Wars, but you can't continue a brand based on gimmicks..

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xavier said:

The Thanos saga was lightning in a bottle, built on the backs of RDJ and Chris Evans, who melt into their characters, became one with them and elevated the material. Add to that the novelty of the MCU, some amazing movies like the Winter Soldier, who gave immense credit to the brand and some inspired directors like the Russo brothers and you have an Infinity War and an Endgame in your hands. 

There is no way the MCU can reach these heights again, there is noone to carry it. Who's the ''popular'' character among the new Avengers? She- Hulk? Moon Knight? A big boost will be given with the cameo feast that is going to be Avengers Secret Wars, but you can't continue a brand based on gimmicks..

I think it's far too early to tell who the big new character is. It's obviously not going to be a show character. Shang-Chi has a decent shot. Doctor Strange is still around. I'll remind everyone Iron Man was the only hit pre-Avengers (2012). Cap and Thor weren't hits until after Avengers. They're likely banking on Kang Dynasty getting people interested in these newer characters. With so many projects I understand it feels like it's taking forever to get this post-Endgame phase going, but it's really only been 2 years since the post-Endgame era started. I think people need to give it some time before panicking. That being said I agree we're not getting to the Endgame-level hype anytime soon. It would be the end of Phase 6 before there's a chance at that (but likely not until the end of the 2020s or into the 2030s), unless Kang Dynasty is somehow incredible and convinces people Secret War will be too + cameos. No Way Home was the massive success it was because of quality "cameos" (they were more meaty roles than cameos), it's possible Secret Wars could do that too, if it done right.

2 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

I don't know where you get this notion that this movie is being marketed or is going to be an Avengers-level movie. It's a Captain America movie more like Winter Soldier, not Civil War. The Marvels is closer to an Avengers-level team-up movie than New World Order is set to be.

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

Moon Knight?

Marvel Studios still has X-men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Dr Doom, Avengers, etc sitting in their back pocket.

Disney isn't panicking like ya'll think.

Top 2023 movies worldwide...

1) Ant-Man - 419 m

2) Pathaan - 112 m

3) Creed 3 - 100 m

4) Titanic - 59 m

5) Knock at the Cabin - 53 m

6) Magic Mike's Last Dance - 52 m

7) Cocaine Bear - 52 m

8.) Plane - 51 m

9) Missing - 42 m

10) 80 For Brady - 38m

So why is everyone dogpilling on Marvel Studios.

Because they went 25 m over budget?

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 2

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1) Ant-Man - 419 m

2) Pathaan - 112 m

3) Creed 3 - 100 m

4) Titanic - 59 m

7) Cocaine Bear - 52 m

8.) Plane - 51 m

9) Missing - 42 m

10) 80 For Brady - 38m

Pathaan 😎 Biggest Star In The World 🙏

And as for Marvel, basically line Avengers Endgame would've been successful at 1.9 billionu. But still a disappointment... That's Dr Strange 2 and Thor.

Now imagine Avengera Endgame doing 989 million..... That's Ant Man.

Anyways no care about Mediocre Marvel, just happy to see Biggest Star in the World ruling.

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1) Ant-Man - 419 m

2) Pathaan - 112 m

3) Creed 3 - 100 m

4) Titanic - 59 m

7) Cocaine Bear - 52 m

8.) Plane - 51 m

9) Missing - 42 m

10) 80 For Brady - 38m

You forgot M3GAN which is $90 Million+ Domestic / $170 Million WW. 

Cocaine Bear jumps to fourth within a matter of days. A very in the moment list especially with so many mid to large size film releases in March.

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1) Ant-Man - 419 m

2) Pathaan - 112 m

3) Creed 3 - 100 m

4) Titanic - 59 m

7) Cocaine Bear - 52 m

8.) Plane - 51 m

9) Missing - 42 m

10) 80 For Brady - 38m

Dude cmoonnnnnnn. I’m a marvel fan too but you don’t have to shill like this. It’s at the top of the 2023 chart because no other big movies have come out in 2023 yet! The end of year placement will be absolutely embarrassing. It has been totally rejected by audiences and will have a pathetic total both DOM and os born from horrible legs off a soft opening. 

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1) Ant-Man - 419 m

2) Pathaan - 112 m

3) Creed 3 - 100 m

4) Titanic - 59 m

7) Cocaine Bear - 52 m

8.) Plane - 51 m

9) Missing - 42 m

10) 80 For Brady - 38m

You just ignore all Chinese movie?

The full river red is the highest grossing film of 2023 now

• Like 1