11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

C+

Modestly enjoyable, if you like this sort of retro-action/sf thing. Guy Pearce is great and the movie really picks up every time he's on screen. The rest of it plays out in a fairly derivative and typical way -- no particular awesome deaths or moments. But Pearce is (almost)worth the price of admission just by himself: his character is basically Han Solo meets Snake Plisskin, and he's hilarious. Vincent Regan is also pretty solid as the leader of the prisoners.

It's basically a Van Damme film from the 90s except with Guy Pearce and no fight choreography.

Edited by Telemachos

It's easy to see where the filmmakers are coming from and what they're trying to accomplish, but trying and doing are two very different things in this case.

If you're going to make a movie in the vein of Escape from New York and pay homage to a Kurt Russell-like character, you better make damn sure you have some good action scenes and the film is entertaining enough to get by. In this case, you have neither. It's basically a chore to sit through, and ultimately, worthless.

Barely edges out Underworld: Awakening for the worst film of 2012.

D-

Actively watching this right now. I'm really liking Guy Pearce... but MAN!!!! The effects in that car chase are the worse thing I've seen since "A Sound of Thunder". I'm gonna try to keep watching it based on Telemachos' review.

Was watching this on youtube lol and yeah I gotta command Guy Pearce here He knew the movie was shit even by B-movie standards yet he gave the character everything he got He's a real discovery in terms of action heroes to me ... he needs a Dredd-like movie to service him right in terms of story and action movie is crap though make no mistake about it Filmed entirely in the studios and few locations in my city lol